Re: RSV & Synagis
Originally Posted by CWMom
We were denied at first also. My Pediatrician got several doctors (my Pulmonary Specialist, the NICU doctor, a Cardiologist) to write letters on our behalf stating that we were indeed eligible. She even got a doctor from the AAP who decides the standards to help us. If your doctors feel it is absolutely necessary, then you can convince them to pay for it. But it will require a lot of leg work on their parts as well as yours. My fear now actually, is that we are switching insurance companies also and I really don't want to have to go through the same thing all over again. But I will do whatever is needed to continue the shots, thanks to the ladies on this forum. I now understand how important it is for my daughter.
If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. - Katharine Hepburn