Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Not taking

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Posts
    554

    Default Not taking

    And I could care less But I just wanted to make sure that is normal. DS turned 6 mo. the first of this month. Tried apple sauce with my milk and banana too, just doesn't like it. It just gets annoying how everyone pressures it
    Megan/Meg
    Married to James 1/3/09
    SAHM to Aiden Joseph 5/31/09
    PG with #2 EDD 10/3/10

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    141

    Default Re: Not taking

    Totally normal. Just try again in a few weeks, or sooner if he seems super interested and grabbing at your food.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    8,272

    Default Re: Not taking

    LO are all ready for solids at different times.

    We started OFFERING DS1 solids soon after he turned 6 mo. He was interested in exploring food but really didn't EAT much until he was around 8.5 mo.

    We just kept offering in a very low key way (we did baby led solids) and one day baby started eating.
    Lynn
    DS1: bf 7/2006 -> 4/2009; multiple food allergies
    DS2: bf 9/2009 -> ???
    ; multiple food allergies
    Breastmilk Donor - http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk
    Click HERE to learn about baby led solids (BLS) / baby led weaning (BLW)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    20,841

    Default Re: Not taking

    Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lsksam View Post
    LO are all ready for solids at different times.

    We started OFFERING DS1 solids soon after he turned 6 mo. He was interested in exploring food but really didn't EAT much until he was around 8.5 mo.

    We just kept offering in a very low key way (we did baby led solids) and one day baby started eating.
    My kid was the same- she liked playing with food but ate almost nothing until she was around 14-15 months old. We had to do BLS because she hated having a spoon come at her. She would just bat it away and send the food flying!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Buckeye State
    Posts
    2,079

    Default Re: Not taking

    Mine too. He's just not into it and it constipated him so we tabled it for a few weeks, although yesterday he started trying to get at our food and was making humming noises so we may try again tonight or tomorrow. I think we are on for BLS too. I want to see if his interest will be differant with BLS. I suspect he didn't like the spoon idea either.


    And MOMMAL, I just noticed your new quote! Love it!
    I'm Colleen
    Mama to
    Silas born May 2009 ~ Nursed 18 mos, weaned during pregnancy, unweaned at 24 months, still nursing when he feels like it
    Lola born March 2011 ~ The Mary Lou Retton of toddler nursing
    Married to Brandon
    Using cloth on both bums

    We hibernate together



  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,564

    Default Re: Not taking

    Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommal View Post
    My kid was the same- she liked playing with food but ate almost nothing until she was around 14-15 months old. We had to do BLS because she hated having a spoon come at her. She would just bat it away and send the food flying!
    This is how we are too, and my girl is 13 months old. I can get Lilah to eat yogurt, but I have had to clean some off of the walls. It's pretty cute when she's sitting there eating green peas like they're chocolate though!

    She thinks bananas are disgusting. Makes the funniest yuck face when she touches them and tries to eat the peel instead.
    Tracie

    Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    252

    Default Re: Not taking

    My dd didn't really eat much until about 10 months or later. She's 15 months old now and still doesn't eat a lot of solid food but is perfectly healthy. She just likes to feed herself and does not eat after she is full. I think it's great she is developing good eating habits.
    ~ Theresa
    wife to Mike and mommy to Clara (9-5-08) 2 years and going strong!!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    332

    Default Re: Not taking

    Quote Originally Posted by @llli*megboo33 View Post
    And I could care less But I just wanted to make sure that is normal. DS turned 6 mo. the first of this month. Tried apple sauce with my milk and banana too, just doesn't like it. It just gets annoying how everyone pressures it
    Repeat this lil' rhyme to them "Food for fun 'til one", and let 'em know about the fact that babies are to get their primary nutrients from breastmilk for the first year, so when she is ready she will eat and not a second before that... and if they don't like it, tell them they are welcome to submit the sources of their opinions for further consideration at a later date... I quote so damned many sources, no one around me has dared to challenge me more than once.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •