Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Why would milk suddenly decrease?

Default Why would milk suddenly decrease?

I am still BFing my 15 month old several times a day and at night. I also started pumping for a friend's baby about a month and a half ago. I've noticed that my milk has suddenly decreased. (I can't really tell when BFing my daughter, since I don't know exactly what she's getting, but I can tell a difference when pumping!) Not sure what that is about....

Default Re: Why would milk suddenly decrease?

could be hormonal, sometimes supply dips around ovulation or before your period. Maybe it will go back to normal in a couple of days?

Or could you be pregnant?

AF, stress, not drinkning enough water or cutting calories can all contibute. I always have a dip when I'm ovulating.
    Jen - mom to 3
    DD who I FF
    I survived 10 painful mastitis infections and managed to nurse DS1 till he was 3 years and 7 months
    and now DS2 4 years now working on gentle weaning and

"Pride is one of the seven deadly sins; but it can not be the pride of a mother in her children, for that is a compound of two cardinal virtues - faith and hope." Charles Dickens

Thanks for the possibilities! I haven't had a PPAF yet, so I can't blame that. I take a HPT once a month to check for pregnancy just in case and that was neg. on Dec. 1. I'll try to keep up my fluids and not stress. Thanks for your responses!