Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: wic elgible with breastfeeding beyond one

Exclamation wic elgible with breastfeeding beyond one

My husband just lost his job. My son is 15 months old and still will only eat baby food and has several allergies and exclusively breastfeeds. I am trying to find out if we got a doctors note would we still be elgible for the fully breastfed food package for breastfeeding mothers and fully breastfed package for infants up to one? they have it where mom gets all food for her and baby get baby food,infant cereal and baby food meat but only up to 12 months .What about mothers that still continue to breastfeed????
    Mother to Octavian 09/05/08 and Skyler 01/08/00
    Breastfeeding Exclusively for 5 months and still going strong.

Default Re: wic elgible with breastfeeding beyond one

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*bigredkorea View Post
    My husband just lost his job. My son is 15 months old and still will only eat baby food and has several allergies and exclusively breastfeeds. I am trying to find out if we got a doctors note would we still be elgible for the fully breastfed food package for breastfeeding mothers and fully breastfed package for infants up to one? they have it where mom gets all food for her and baby get baby food,infant cereal and baby food meat but only up to 12 months .What about mothers that still continue to breastfeed????
    Maybe with a doctors note/prescription. IDK. I know that normally the package ends at 12 mos. It never hurts to do some research and ask.

i'm sorry that your DH lost his job.

they probably won't be able to extend the mother's package but they can make some adjustments to the child's. just set up a time to meet with a dietician about your LO's dietary needs.

also, have you looked into receiving SNAP? here's a link to their website and eligibility info. you can also purchase food through Angel Food Ministries with or without SNAP benefits. these programs can help with your family's food costs during this rough patch.

JoEllen married to Jason 10-29-2005.

Mama to Logan 12-26-2007
    Breastfed for 2 years and weaned on his own terms

Our Lincoln 6-11-2011 to 9-12-2011
    my homebirthed-water baby, who was born with a broken heart

And our special blessing, Leonidas 9-5-2012. A toddler who loves his "boops!"

Come visit our blog here!

SURPRISE!!! We caught the first PP egg and are currently baking baby BOY #4! Due to arrive late-Jan/early-Feb

This is how ours works: Your lo can stay on Wic until age 5, but you do not receive it anymore once they reach 1 year. You can try the doctor's note...it wouldn't hurt anything.
    Proud mom of 2 boys, both weaned gradually and with love.

Find a local LLL leader

For each and every one of us, the person from whom we can learn the most is our own baby: listen to him. - Mary White, LLL co-founder

The best-kept secret in child psychology is that children who were never spanked are among the best behaved."
    Murray Straus, Ph.D.

Here a mom can keep the BFing moms package for 6mo, then baby can keep the infant to 1 yr, and stay on the program until 5yrs. It's worth a shot to ask!
    “Only with trust, faith, and support can the woman allow the birth experience to enlighten and empower her.” - Annie Kennedy & Penny Simkin

foodstamps!
    and with my LO and loving it!

Colton Nicholas 11-5-04
    Prudence Lovela Moon 5-29-09
    Being a friend is to like a person for who they are, even the parts you dont understand. The reasons you like them makes the things you don't understand unimportant. you dont have to understand, or do the same, or live their lives for them. If you truly care for them, then you want them to be who they are; that was why you liked them in the first place
    - Richard Rahl *Terry GoodKind*