Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How can I pump more milk? Not pumping enough

Default How can I pump more milk? Not pumping enough

I have a 3.5 mo. old son. When I pump I only pump 2oz from each breast. How can I pump more? Right now I breastfeed at home, but at work pump 3x/day for 20-25 mins. Any thoughts?

I try to eat healthy, though I do cave in and eat sugar because I crave it all the time, and I drink water.

Thanks. I wish I was pumping more. He eats 4 bottles, 3-4oz each at daycare, and I have to supplement with formula.

Default Re: How can I pump more milk? Not pumping enough

It sounds like you're close, if you're pumping 2 oz from each breast, 3x a day. Drinking lots of water is great. You may also try oatmeal also. There's a yummy recipe for lactation bars on this site also. Then there's Mother's Milk tea, and herbs(fenugreek and others) but I haven't tried those yet. I'm sure someone will chime in w/ more advice about those.

How long is your commute to work? Maybe you can pump on the way in. That's what I've been doing. I just bought a vehicle adaptor for my PISA, took an old sports bra and cut holes in it to make a 'handsfree' pumping device. It took 3 or 4 days for my body to adjust, but I was able to get an extra 3 oz a day by doing that!

he's there 10 hours.
    i can't pump on the way to work :-(

Here's a link which may help: I'm not pumping enough milk. What can I do?
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"