Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: getting baby to latch AGAIN

Default getting baby to latch AGAIN

my son is learning to relatch at three months. he was bottle fed for most of his life due to meds i had to take. well long story short i am now trying to relactate and was hoping somone could share some tips on getting a baby to latch. i need to use a nipple shield due to inverted nipples and nipple confusion and what not. i would like to be able to nurse in bed but dont know if that will work due to the shield. also chase seems to get really anxious when i am preparing the nipple shield so he wont latch on to it. then he gets anxious after one or two sucks of not getting anything. i just got a sns so that should help a little. also i have moved him from a size two nipple back to a size one so that he will get used to sucking a little harder to get the milk out. thanks so much

oh and i was wondering if maybe i could use the tape from the sns to tape the nipple shield on to me at night so that i wouldnt have to struggle with it? i am just worried it might come off and get sucked into his throat causing him to choke. tia

Default Re: getting baby to latch AGAIN

are you working with a local lll leader or a lc?