Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: hello

Default hello

i know that most of you ladies probably have very little infants, but my son is a little older. my son is learning to relatch at three months. he was bottle fed for most of his life due to meds i had to take. well long story short i am now trying to relactate and was hoping somone could share some tips on getting a baby to latch. i need to use a nipple shield due to inverted nipples and nipple confusion and what not. i would like to be able to nurse in bed but dont know if that will work due to the shield. also chase seems to get really anxious when i am preparing the nipple shield so he wont latch on to it. then he gets anxious after one or two sucks of not getting anything. i just got a sns so that should help a little also i have moved him from a size two nipple back to a size one so that he will get used to sucking a little harder to get the milk out. i will also post this in the relactation board but thought maybe you could tell me some techniques for getting baby to latch. thanks so much

Default Re: hello

I don't really know much about it, I just wanted to tell you Congrats on trying to relactate! that is great. I'm sure someone will be able to help you soon!

Default Re: hello

Hi there!
    I'm going to transfer you to our Relactation board. Good luck!
    Jen
    "Mothers are designed to be available to their babies--to help them make the transition into this big, wide world. To teach them to trust, and love, and feel good about being alive."
    --Elizabeth N. Baldwin, Esq., So I Nursed Him Every 45 Minutes

Click here to find your local LLL Group
    How to tell if your breastfed baby is getting enough milk!