Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: wanting to continue to breastfeed

Default wanting to continue to breastfeed

Well the trouble started when I was suppose to go and get my gallbladder taken out. Twice now I have travelled 2hrs to the hospital to have the surgury and they have made me wait 5hrs in the hospital to tell me they can't fit me in today. So after going with no food or water for more than 12 hours. I have run into some troubles. I have started to supplement with formula. I want to get back into the grove of just breastfeeding. Could someone please help me get started. I am bf about half and half. He has no trouble going from bottle to breast. I know this is good for my son so I want to continue.

Default Re: wanting to continue to breastfeed

an you give us more info? do you pump? if so how long and how much do you get and how often? are you using a sns do you co sleep ( i know you are probably thinking what does co slpeeping have to do with it but it make feeding in the middle of the night easier) these are all questions that might help people with answers. sorry i cant help i am trying to relactate and am running into my own problems that are much like yours so i am trying differnt things. also there are suppliments that you can take. i let you know if i find something that works for me. hugs

No I am not co sleeping, I have no problem with the night feedings at all. I started to take fenugreek and blessed thistle, I was told by my lll leader that it will help in increasing milk production. I did some reading on Dr. Jack newmans website. I am also taking micronor bc I think that I am going to stop taking it to see if it will help any. My dh is out of town so it won't matter.

you local leader can help! give her a call.