Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: What to combine with egg yolk?

Default What to combine with egg yolk?

I'd like my daughter to have a bit of egg yolk, but she doesn't seem to like the taste right now. Do you have any suggestions on foods to mix the egg yolk with to make it appeal to her more?

Default Re: What to combine with egg yolk?

I mixed it with several things initially. First, add a couple grains of salt - yolk is so BLAND, and the salt helps make it more tasty. I also mixed it with plain yogurt, olive oil, and avocado. For my kiddo, it was not only the taste, but the texture - a boiled yolk is very dry and pasty. Mixing it with any of the above helps not only the flavor, but also the texture.
    Mommy to DS - 12/29/2007 and DD - 4/11/2010
    We are taking tandem nursing day by day

Any reason you're leaving the white off? Not that it would add too much flavour...

what about a tad garlic powder? Tomatoes?
    we add a little ground flax seed and cheese - avocado if we have it.
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

scrambled with a little cheese

(the white is more allergenic so people often intro yolk 1st)
    Lynn
    DS1: bf 7/2006 -> 4/2009; multiple food allergies
    DS2: bf 9/2009 -> ???
    ; multiple food allergies
    Breastmilk Donor - http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk
    Click HERE to learn about baby led solids (BLS) / baby led weaning (BLW)

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lsksam View Post

(the white is more allergenic so people often intro yolk 1st)
    Oh I know (trust me- I know ) - but I was under the impression they changed the food intro guidelines?? I made an assumption here and clearly the OP is using the 'old' guidelines.
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.