Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I'm Sick of Pumping.

Default Re: I'm Sick of Pumping.

How does an exclusive pumper wean?? My schedule is as follows:
    1) 5:30 a.m. before work
    2) 10:30 a.m. at work during a break
    3) 4:00 p.m. after picking up baby from daycare
    4) 10:30 p.m. before lights out for me
    I am an exhausted mommy. Pumping takes a lot out of me. I feel and look drained after each session. My baby will be a year old on January 14th. I've been exclusively pumping since she was three weeks old. I never want to see that pump again after I finish giving my baby her liquid gold. I would love to go on and on but I just can't picture myself married to that pump for much longer. Has anyone exclusively pumped out there? I really want to hear from those of you who have experienced this phenomenon because it really is. None of my breastfeeding friends have a clue to the amount of work and time commitment exclusive breastpumping is. Please let me know your exeriences if you have done this beyond a year...

Hi exclusivepumper!

Yes - there are several mamas here who have also exclusively pumped. And weaned.

I think you'll get more responses to your question about how to wean in your situation if you start a new thread in the "pumping" section.
    Lynn
    DS1: bf 7/2006 -> 4/2009; multiple food allergies
    DS2: bf 9/2009 -> ???
    ; multiple food allergies
    Breastmilk Donor - http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk
    Click HERE to learn about baby led solids (BLS) / baby led weaning (BLW)

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*nikooru View Post
    I saw this thread and had to join in. I'm not a working mom, but need to pump for my newborn and wondering if there's any end in sight... being home alone all week & trying to find time to feed him AND pump and eat, myself, or even get out of the house is trying. And you can never stop! Sigh.

I hate pumping, too.
    Just keep it up. As an exclusive pumper, the hardest job was trying to figure out what to do with the little one when I had to pump and she became MOBILE!!!! What a dilemma. It's the harded thing to accomplish in my day. I have to pump and she needs my attention...what to do??? I have some ideas if you need any suggestions. Best of luck to you.