Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I'm Sick of Pumping.

Default Re: I'm Sick of Pumping.

I agree! I sooo look forward to the weekends when I put the pump in the closet and don't think about it again until Sunday night. I pump while I'm in the car so the pumping isn't what bothers me it is the hook up and unhooking and the tubes and the storage bags and bottles and all the crap that goes with it. BUT...it is much less hassle than formula and much, MUCH better for our LO's!

How does an exclusive pumper wean?? My schedule is as follows:
    1) 5:30 a.m. before work
    2) 10:30 a.m. at work during a break
    3) 4:00 p.m. after picking up baby from daycare
    4) 10:30 p.m. before lights out for me
    I am an exhausted mommy. Pumping takes a lot out of me. I feel and look drained after each session. My baby will be a year old on January 14th. I've been exclusively pumping since she was three weeks old. I never want to see that pump again after I finish giving my baby her liquid gold. I would love to go on and on but I just can't picture myself married to that pump for much longer. Has anyone exclusively pumped out there? I really want to hear from those of you who have experienced this phenomenon because it really is. None of my breastfeeding friends have a clue to the amount of work and time commitment exclusive breastpumping is. Please let me know your exeriences if you have done this beyond a year...

Hi exclusivepumper!

Yes - there are several mamas here who have also exclusively pumped. And weaned.

I think you'll get more responses to your question about how to wean in your situation if you start a new thread in the "pumping" section.
    Lynn
    DS1: bf 7/2006 -> 4/2009; multiple food allergies
    DS2: bf 9/2009 -> ???
    ; multiple food allergies
    Breastmilk Donor - http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk
    Click HERE to learn about baby led solids (BLS) / baby led weaning (BLW)

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*nikooru View Post
    I saw this thread and had to join in. I'm not a working mom, but need to pump for my newborn and wondering if there's any end in sight... being home alone all week & trying to find time to feed him AND pump and eat, myself, or even get out of the house is trying. And you can never stop! Sigh.

I hate pumping, too.
    Just keep it up. As an exclusive pumper, the hardest job was trying to figure out what to do with the little one when I had to pump and she became MOBILE!!!! What a dilemma. It's the harded thing to accomplish in my day. I have to pump and she needs my attention...what to do??? I have some ideas if you need any suggestions. Best of luck to you.