Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: I dont have extra

Default I dont have extra

I exclusively breastfeed. I have a 20 week old and have always EBF, but I have always had issues getting extra, and I want to be able to leave her for more than 2 hours without her starving any suggestions????

Default Re: I dont have extra

Do you mean you need extra expressed milk so that you can be away from baby?

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

We have been nursing for over 2 years now!

ya, i dont have any extra to pump so she has some when i need to go somewhere.

Many women find that their supply is the "best" first thing in the morning so pump after baby's first morning feeding. You may not get much at first, but if you pump every day it signals your body to start producing more and you'll gradually see your supply increase.
    Lynn
    DS1: bf 7/2006 -> 4/2009; multiple food allergies
    DS2: bf 9/2009 -> ???
    ; multiple food allergies
    Breastmilk Donor - http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk
    Click HERE to learn about baby led solids (BLS) / baby led weaning (BLW)

You might try pumping once a day (every other day or however often you want) in the morning (prolactin levels are higher, thus a little higher supply) and just keep saving till you get the 2-3oz you need for a bottle. Your not supposed to have extra so in order to get it you have to create a need for it.

Hope that makes sense?

If you usually only nurse on one side at a time you can pump the other side while nursing. Always get the most and fast when I do that.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*3boysmomma View Post
    If you usually only nurse on one side at a time you can pump the other side while nursing. Always get the most and fast when I do that.
    I would try that, but she normally will eat off both sides. I am worried I am not producing enough because lately she acts like she is still really hungry at the end of the day before she goes to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*tasmith View Post
    I would try that, but she normally will eat off both sides. I am worried I am not producing enough because lately she acts like she is still really hungry at the end of the day before she goes to bed.
    Nurse more it could be a growth spurt. When Ash acts like he is always hungry I find out later that it is something else like a tooth popping through or overly tired. Nursing isn't just a source of food for our LOs...its the "fix all"