Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Waking at night?

Default Waking at night?

My LO just started solids last week and is now waking up 2-3 times a night, when she used to sleep 6-8 hours before. Could this be a "side-effect" from solids? She is also teething, so I guess that could be it too.

Default Re: Waking at night?

You could always stop the solids to see if that stops the night wakings. How old is she?

My daughter started waking up more frequently at 7 months or so, there is a lot going on developmentally - crawling, pullling up, walking, first words, etc. that seem to just keep them waking up as time goes on. Teething has also been a huge culprit in our house too.

Have you tried teething tablets or Tylenol to see if that helps?
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

She will be 6 months old on Saturday. I gave her Tylenol in the afternoon but not at night. She ate sweet potatoes at around 6pm, then fell asleep nursing at 730pm. She had also taken 4 naps yesterday- I think her gums were really bothering her. Her cheeks and chin were really red and she was chewing on everything. She also woke up on her tummy 3 times and couldn't roll back over so she cried. Her diapers are normal and hasn't seemed gassy from the food.

Poor thing. Their little gums seem to hurt so bad.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*hakela View Post
    She will be 6 months old on Saturday. I gave her Tylenol in the afternoon but not at night. She ate sweet potatoes at around 6pm, then fell asleep nursing at 730pm. She had also taken 4 naps yesterday- I think her gums were really bothering her. Her cheeks and chin were really red and she was chewing on everything. She also woke up on her tummy 3 times and couldn't roll back over so she cried. Her diapers are normal and hasn't seemed gassy from the food.
    Sweet potatoes seemed to make my daughter wake up several times every time I have tried them.

Have you tried giving her teething tablets? We love the Hylands, they seem to work wonders for pain relief and helping them to relax.

OMG! Last night she ate sweet potatoes again and woke up almost every hour between 1-6am! I gave her Tylenol at 3am - if it's her teeth- but it didn't seem to help. I will give her something different to eat tonight and see if the sweet potatoes could be the culprit.