Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Can my milk supply be saved? Pumping less than 1 oz :(

Default Can my milk supply be saved? Pumping less than 1 oz :(

I was advised by my OB nurse to quit breastfeeding if it was too hard. At the time I was extremely depressed and exhausted, especially since we just moved to this area and have no family or friends to help out with all those household chores, and my husband is working 7 days a week. I thought maybe she was right. I wasn't enjoying my baby.

But then it seemed it was the antidepressant they had me on for PPD, which made me care about nothing at all - completely UNemotional. After I realized this and started weaning myself from the drug, I realized I did NOT want to stop breastfeeding! Unfortunately, I'd already bound myself for 2 days and was extremely engorged and in physical and extreme emotional pain. I unbound myself and it's been about a week since I started that whole mess, but I can only get very little milk out with pumping. If I use the supplementer while nursing the baby sucks down about 2 oz of formula.

This is so frustrating and disappointing! :'-( Thanks to anyone out there with advice.

--Alexx

Default Re: Can my milk supply be saved? Pumping less than 1 oz :(

Alexx,

I'm copying this thread into the relactation board so you get more responses. My little boy just woke up, but I will try to get back online later today to make sure you get the help you need.

(((HUGS))),

Tiana