Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jar Food

Default Re: Jar Food

the money is already set aside by the gov'mt for what's included in vouchers whether they're redeemed or not. so, if she doesn't use some/all of the vouchers, that money will get put back in as gov'mt surplus and end up sitting there for a long time until eventually it gets reappropriated in the form of a grant or loan.

kudos to you for not getting the food and then selling it on craigslist or something. that's what many people do. sigh.
    the best food blog you aren't reading

i'm beth, mama to:

lila, 11/6/08, nursed until 2yrs 10 mos, weaned during pregnancy

-and-

max, 2/16/12, my huge new little nursling

You could just pick up the applesauce jar food. (Thats what we did!) Plus I like PP idea of using them for smoothies. Though, fresh is always best of course.
    Nursed for 18 months

if you feed 3 jars a day, it would be pretty close!!! My almost 8mo DD hardly eats baby food, so it would be a HUGE waste for me...
    Mommy of 4,
    3 who I watch over, 1 who watches over all of us

J- 8/20/05 pumped breastmilk for 11 months due to his cleft lip and palate!

M- 10/17/07 my precious baby lives forever in her mommys heart

M- 3/31/09 my special gift, she helps heal her mommy and daddys heart. Nursed for 4 years and 10 days, self weaned the day her baby brother was born!

E-, new little miracle born 4/11/13, my BIG baby! Born 8.6 at 38 weeks. At 9 weeks nearly 17lbs, at 12 weeks nearly 20lbs, at 6 months nearly 23lbs, at 8 months nearly 25lbs and all from BREASTMILK

In Michigan you can get I think $8 worth of fresh fruits and veggies along with a ton of jars of baby food and baby cereal. The applesauce is definitely worth getting and I always get a couple squash and carrots to mix in with pasta sauce for DDs pasta. Get a few extra veggies in there - never hurts.
    I'm Melissa, DD (01/12/2009) weaned at a little over 2 1/2 years