Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: where are you at with Nursing your toddler over 2?

Default Re: where are you at with Nursing your toddler over 2?

We're still nursing a lot, and he'd nurse more if I'd let him. Definitely before and after sleep, and usually once or twice more during the day, and possibly once or twice at night.
    Melissa
    Mom to Jessica (2/7/03) breastfed for 8 months
    Sam (7/6/06) breastfed for three years, five months, two weeks and three days (not that I was counting or anything :-)
    Julianna (4/29/10) struggled thru nursing strike, nipple confusion, thrush, multiple cracks and fissures, a staph infection and then another bout of thrush, but happily nursing away
    www.cohenfamily-melissa.blogspot.com

dd is 26 mos old & nurses more than I thought she would at this age- morning, nap time (unless she falls asleep in the car) & bedtime for sure & often when we get home from work ( & if I don't put a shirt on at night, she'll sneak in another one around 3am or so).
    since 10/10/07
    and still going...

My 3-year-old twin girls nurse when they wake up (after nap, in the morning). They also occasionally nurse for comfort.

My DS2 is just 24 months.

He absolutely nurses:
    Early morning (we cosleep)
    down for nap
    up from nap
    evening
    down for bed
    2-5 times at night

He also sometimes nurses the above plus:
    mid morning if bored
    mid afternoon if bored

If I made more milk he'd drink that too!!!

Sometimes I wonder if he'll wean before college....
    Jen - mom to 3
    DD who I FF
    I survived 10 painful mastitis infections and managed to nurse DS1 till he was 3 years and 7 months
    and now DS2 4 years now working on gentle weaning and

"Pride is one of the seven deadly sins; but it can not be the pride of a mother in her children, for that is a compound of two cardinal virtues - faith and hope." Charles Dickens

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*djs.mom View Post
    Soo....it's happening at my house.
    So my little boy tried to come tell me Good night the other day. Like "Goodnight Mommy. I will see tomorrow." And I started to cry. And he said "what's wrong Mommy?" And I said "You don't need me." And he said "I am growing up." And he patted my back. And then he grabbed my hand and said "It's OK Mommy we can nurse." And we did....but we really either do it in the morning or at night. And it's not usually both and there is no rhyme or reason to when. But...I can't believe it. He doesn't need it to wake up or go to sleep. I can still count on nap times. On the days he still takes naps......We are almost done.
    how old is he? aww thats sad... but cute mama!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mama.mia View Post
    My 3-year-old twin girls nurse when they wake up (after nap, in the morning). They also occasionally nurse for comfort.
    3 years go you!! and twinsss amazing!

CAYLA
    Mama 2 Allie who Self-weaned @ 2 1/2
    Korben Jon born 07/25/2011*

back to update, Silas is still nursing, our current schedule is that he'll ask about every other night and every time we lay in a bed together, he loves to kiss the tops of my breasts as visible through my tank tops and he's just so damn sweet I can never say no to him....

even on the nights he doesn't nurse he still falls asleep on 'his pillow' sitting in my lap (aka the boppy) 98% of the time. and to my surprise I am still making milk even after 5 days away from him for our last trip...
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

My DD is 26 months. She nurses around 5x per day. In the AM before we get up, at lunch, when I get home, another time after dinner and then before bed, also 1-2 times during the night. She nurses for comfort and to sleep. She's not really showing any signs of stopping and she rarely NIP.
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

CI usually nurses first thing in the morning and at night, right before bed. Every once in awhile, he'll ask in the middle of the afternoon if he's tired & needs to nap. I'm really glad he's still nursing....I saw just the other day that his 2 year molars are starting to pop thru, ouchie!
    Mommy to Mary Louise, born 6/28/05, Self weaned at 2 years and 2 months

Mommy to Craig Isaac, born February 16, 2008, Self weaned 3 years and 4 months
    parttime

My daughter is 31 months. She nurses in upon waking, after breakfast, mid-morning, for nap, after nap, dinnertime, evening time, bedtime, at least 3x a night...lots unless we are busy. She has cut down this summer with running all around with her brother and older sister but not so sure what she will do when school starts up again.
    Alene
    LLL Leader

What a helpful, yet tear jerking thread!

We're just at 20 months and still nurse at waking, before lunch, down for nap, up after nap, before dinner, down to sleep, and at least twice in the wee small hours.
    Before sleeping times ranges from 20-40 minutes, but the rest of her nursing are just drive by's, all around 5 minutes.
    Recently, she's declined all nursing if we're out and about, but will happily settle in for mama milk once we get home (she's never loved NIP). She's also recenly stopped falling asleep on the breast at night time, opting instead to go to her crib and 'cuddle snuggle' with her stuffy's.
    :sniff:
    I have a feeling that we aren't far off from the process of weaning, and that I'll probably be the only one who has a difficult time with it.
    I'm Adrienne, Mama to Marin Mae
    born 12.18.2008
    5 lbs
    proudly nursed until 36 months when she self weaned.

and Declan Kai
    born 09.13.2011
    4lbs 11oz

proudly and !

bloggy.