Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: relatating and pregnant again.

Default relatating and pregnant again.

I have been taking domperidone and pumping to relactate for almost two months now. I have been getting 6 oz of milk a day, and have just found out that I am pregnant. I have had differing opinions from drs about whether I can continue or not. Some say that it is ok to continue until the third trimester and another said to stop the meds and pumping immediately. I have no idea. Another thing that I am wondering about is if my attempt is futile because my milk will change to colostrum any way. When does milk usually change? I am already 16 weeks. Is there anyone who has still continued with relactation while pregnant? I have no idea what to do and if there is a mom who has been through this I could really use some help.

Default Re: relatating and pregnant again.

*bump*
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

I haven't BTDT mama, but I assume that you're relactating for an older LO. Will your older one latch and nurse to bring your supply up? Then maybe you could wean off the Dom. Many moms experience a drop in supply with pregnancy, but not all.

Maybe contact Dr.Newman? I'm sure he could advise on the Dom.
    Jess

Mama to my little Roxie Roo, 06/11/08

April miles for TBTTW: 63

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jessruff View Post

Maybe contact Dr.Newman? I'm sure he could advise on the Dom.

Great idea! Here's the contact info - http://www.nbci.ca/index.php?option=...d=62&Itemid=33

I have emailed him before and he replied quite quickly with loads of helpful info.
    Mama of two precious girls
    DD1 born 23 July 2008 and
    DD2 born 14 January 2010