Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Nursing frequently at night

Default Nursing frequently at night

My 6 month old had been waking up only once at night to eat, now all of a sudden he has been waking up at least 4 times per night to eat. Is this normal? SHould I be concerned?

Default Re: Nursing frequently at night

You stated that your baby is 6 months, my theory is he/she is just going through a growth spurt and things will subside within a couple of days. Goodluck.

I can't offer any advice, but I wanted to let you know you're not alone. My 6.5 month old woke up twice a night for the first few months, then switched to every two hours or so, and has been doing that for a few months now. What I wouldn't give to "only" be woken up twice a night! I don't know if she (and your baby) wakes up b/c she needs to eat or b/c she likes having a snack and knowing I'm there, but I'm sure it's nothing to worry about.

Jennifer

I don't think that there is a "normal." My 8 month dd goes to bed at 7pm. Somenights she wakes to eat at 12am, 2am, 4am and then is up at 7am. Sometimes she will just do a 2 and 4 and then there are the glorious days when she only gets up at 4am. (It is usually different everynight.) I think that at this age, they are so busy during the day that the don't get enough and they need to make it up at night.

DD doesn't have problems sleeping at night so I know that when she crys, it is because she is hungry so I get up and feed her. Luckly, she goes right back to sleep.

Hang in there! You are doing a great job!