Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Supply Drop Baby & Mom Sick

Default Supply Drop Baby & Mom Sick

Hello Ladies

I need some advice. My 7 month old has been sick with a cold since about Sunday, but he is still happy and energitic. I started getting a sore throat and achey feeling on Monday. For the last two days I have had a supply drop. Now do you think it is because we are both sick or because he is starting to eat nearly three small meals a day? I am not sure which the exact problem is. Moms who have started solids, did you notice a drop after a couple of weeks of feeding solids?

Need Advice

Default Re: Supply Drop Baby & Mom Sick

Bump

If you're still offering the breast often, I wouldn't think starting solids would cause a noticeable, sudden supply drop.
    I would think that you being sick would be the more likely culprit. If your body is working hard and using resources to fight illness, maybe not doing as well producing milk.
    I would say just keep nursing as much as he will take, keep your fluids and nutrition up, and get some rest.
    Hope you're both feeling better soon!

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

Thanks.

You're welcome, even though it probably wasn't all that helpful!

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

Bump

Also he is having less pee pee diapers. He still acts well, but I am getting concerned.