Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Just need to vent

Angry Just need to vent

So my LO is 5 1/2 months. I plan on soley breastfeeding until a year. I mean no solids until a year. I have quite a few problems that run in my family that I have researched and they all say breastfeeding and waiting on solids until a year can lesson his chance of developing these. Anyways I posted my myspace page my emotion of not doing this and to my suprise got this comment from someone:
    For the same reason I tell people its wrong for a child past 9mons old to still suck on a pacifier. Savannahs been eating adult food for months now and drinks real milk and juice all from a sippy cup. She won't be a year til Dec 16.
    I mean what the hell. Um real milk, and what am I giving Andrew fake milk. Also excuse me for letting my baby be a baby. It just really annoyed me
    Married to my David since 6/17/06
    Happily , and with our little Andrew born 6/8/09. Also enjoying raising our Hope Anne born 1/15/00 and Michael 7/15/01.

Default Re: Just need to vent

It can be annoying can't it. Sometimes people not doing what they know is best, come up with a 'defense tactic' to make it seem like what they're doing is better. They can never really fool themselves though, so they try to convince others.

Let it roll off your back. do not respond to it.

Keep your focus clear and - well - focused and if you continue to share what you're doing and how you're feeling - without responding negatively to opposing positions - you leave the door open for them IF/WHEN they choose to come to you for assistance. If you reply to thoughts such as this,you tend to slowly close the door.

Someone recently called this type of thing "willful ignorance".
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Default Re: Just need to vent

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*number4 View Post
    It can be annoying can't it. Sometimes people not doing what they know is best, come up with a 'defense tactic' to make it seem like what they're doing is better. They can never really fool themselves though, so they try to convince others.

Let it roll off your back. do not respond to it.

Keep your focus clear and - well - focused and if you continue to share what you're doing and how you're feeling - without responding negatively to opposing positions - you leave the door open for them IF/WHEN they choose to come to you for assistance. If you reply to thoughts such as this,you tend to slowly close the door.

Someone recently called this type of thing "willful ignorance".
    Thanks yeah I just stated the facts that I was trying to prevent illnesses later. I like the willful ignorance..lol
    Married to my David since 6/17/06
    Happily , and with our little Andrew born 6/8/09. Also enjoying raising our Hope Anne born 1/15/00 and Michael 7/15/01.