Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Why can't you refreeze breastmilk

Question Why can't you refreeze breastmilk

My sister spaced and left out my milk for half an hour approximately and it didn't thaw but it did get a little slushy or soft around the edges and i don't know wheather to throw all 40+ oz out or not?

I use the lansino storage bags and put them in this case thing that makes it so the bags are stored semi flat and upright in the seperate freezer part of a kitchen fridge... also my baby is only 10 weeks old.

Default Re: Why can't you refreeze breastmilk

Wow - thats alot to have to throw out!

The guidelines say not to refreeze it after it's "thawed" so since yours didn't get 'thawed" I am not sure!!! I'd almost say keep it. is ther eany still totally frozen?
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Ya most of it was still frozen just the edges were starting to soften I could see nearly zero milk actually thawed on the top.... but it was every bag that the edges were at the starting point of getting soft on..

I say refreeze and just test when you defrost....

We've made it 1 YEAR

A newborn baby has only three demands. They are warmth in the arms of its mother, food from her breasts, and security in the knowledge of her presence. Breastfeeding satisfies all three. ~Grantly Dick-Read

Stacey

Married to DH since 2001
    Mommy to Mikki 2006
    Mommy to Xander 2008

i tested it today and it smelled fine and she took it

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*angel-kisses View Post
    i tested it today and it smelled fine and she took it
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png