Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Love my ped!

Default Love my ped!

Just got back from the ped with my 14 month old dd. She's been really sick...first it was the flu (probably H1N1) then pneumonia then an ear infection. So she's had a fever over a week and has had almost no solid food. The dr says today that it's great that she is nursing and that's the best thing for her Plus when I asked about the risks of possibly developing asthma she tells us about how important it is to keep nursing as long as dd wants to for her immune system. I'm so glad I have a ped who supports nursing past age one because I know so many drs are not well informed when it comes to bfing. I know many moms whose dr's told them to wean as soon as the baby turned one. If I wasn't still nursing dd I'm sure she would have to be on IV fluids now because she won't drink or eat much at all. So if anyone ever asks me about weaning, I'm just going to say that the dr said to keep nursing as long as dd wants to
    ~ Theresa
    wife to Mike and mommy to Clara (9-5-08) 2 years and going strong!!

Default Re: Love my ped!

Sounds like a great doc to me!
    I'm Shannon!
    Single, babywearing, barefoot in the grass mama to 3 wonderful babies!
    Abby 11-25-03
    Terry 9-29-06
    Kate 6-12-08
    and my Jack 11-17-02, gone to God at 11 weeks

"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."

"I am going to be happy today, though the skies may be cloudy or gray. No matter what comes my way, I am going to be happy today."

Awesome!
    I'm Anna
    Proud mama to my 2 little high needs "koala bears":

Ethan born 8/23/08
    Bfed for 22 months, weaned with love 7/2010

Lucas, born 1/6/11
    Nursing strong for 19 MONTHS!

Cloth diapering 1 full-time even though I'm constantly ! Currently in potty training mode. We also and

Awesome! We really lucked out with our doctor too, because he is a proponent of extended nursing as well.
    Beth

Exclusively pumped for Lance Oct 07
    Nursed until just before he turned 3 Levi Oct 09

Do you have extra milk? Consider donating!
    http://www.hmbana.org/:

"So I was welcomed by the consolations of human milk; but it was not my mother or my nurses who made any decision to fill their breasts, but you who through them gave me infant food, in accordance with your ordinance and the riches which are distributed deep in the natural order." -St Augustine

Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

wow - that is fantastic. you need to write her a letter and anyone in charge of her - the medical groups she's a member of etc how fantastic she is.!!!
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*number4 View Post
    wow - that is fantastic. you need to write her a letter and anyone in charge of her - the medical groups she's a member of etc how fantastic she is.!!!
    Great idea!
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

you're sooo lucky!
    my ped's quite terrible saying at 6 mos we have to start to substitute a nursing session with a solid meal...which we don't do of course!!!we mostly lie to her every time we see her.
    I wish I had a ped like yours...
    I'm Lisa,SAHM to M. 5/14/09 my velcro boy!

we made it to 19 mos!!! no end in sight
    always and (I'd like to have a just LO and mom cosleeping smilie...)
    food sensitivity to dairy,apple and orange
    we just started to put cloth on
    if I'm here I'm
    love this forum!!!