Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 2 month old preferes bottle and does not wnat to nurse from me

Default 2 month old preferes bottle and does not wnat to nurse from me

Hi need help

My daughter is 8 week old, I started goign back to work so I pump and feed her when i am away. she is doing fine with bottles , but when i go home and try to nurse, she does not want to nurse and starts crying.
    I dont know what to so I give her a bottle and she drinks fine. any suggestions how to make her nurse again

while I am trying to nurse her and she does not take it, my breast start leaking. i dont know it too much let down is the problem or bottle is the problem

any ideas ?
    Last edited by @llli*blllid; November 19th, 2009 at 09:09 AM.

Default Re: 2 month old preferes bottle and does not wnat to nurse from me

bump
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Default Re: 2 month old preferes bottle and does not wnat to nurse from me

Hi Mama! Sorry that your baby is giving you trouble. What you're going through is pretty common- many babies who get bottles quickly realize that getting milk from a bottle is easier than getting it out of the breast, and decide to kick up a fuss every time they don't get that nice, easy bottle.

What sort of bottles are you using? And what sort of bottle nipples?

Here's a link which may help: Help - My Baby Won't Nurse!

I'd do as much skin-to-skin contact as possible, and if you're not co-sleeping, you may want to start: some babies who are very resistant to nursing will latch on and feed during the night when they are too relaxed and sleepy to kick up a fuss.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"