Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: What's your favorite bottle warmer?

Default What's your favorite bottle warmer?

After reading about the Lipase issue, I seem to have mine once the milk is frozen. So, I'm gonna buy a bottle warmer and scald my milk before I freeze it.

It seems that the Munchkin is one that a lot of you like. Are there any others that are great, or is the Munchkin pretty much the favorite?

Thank you!
    Christina

Default Re: What's your favorite bottle warmer?

I couldn't find the Munchkin -- and I went to three or four stores -- so I bought a First Years, and it does a great job. I had to experiement with how much water to add to get the thing up to the proper temperature and stay there long enough, but it only took a few tries with just water.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Default Re: What's your favorite bottle warmer?

I think you just need a cheap bottle warmer that you can add too much water and get the EBM up to the temperatures needed for scalding.

My understanding is that some of the fancy bottle warmers have a built-in max temp so bottles don't get too hot for baby to eat.

I got a Munchkin cause it was the cheapest for me at Target.
    Lynn
    DS1: bf 7/2006 -> 4/2009; multiple food allergies
    DS2: bf 9/2009 -> ???
    ; multiple food allergies
    Breastmilk Donor - http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk
    Click HERE to learn about baby led solids (BLS) / baby led weaning (BLW)