Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Pump producutiion dwindling

Default Pump producutiion dwindling

I have just returned to work and exclusivley breastfeed my LO who is 12 weeks. Pumping was going great at first but now instead of getting around 6-8 oz a pump (I usually pump 2-3 times during day while away from lO)- I am suddenly getting only 3-4. I was just away from her for one whole night, maybe that is it??? Any ideas on how to increase??? Really want to continue exclusively breastfeeding but I am out of excess milk and barely pumping enough for her daily needs- But my production is fine when feeding LO - Any help appreciated!!

Default Re: Pump producutiion dwindling

Here's a link which may be helpful:I'm not pumping enough milk. What can I do? I would definitely check your pump, and try to add pumping sessions both at work and when you are with your baby.

As a last resort, after trying herbal remedies for increasing supply (fenugreek, blessed thistle, oatmeal), there are prescription drugs (Reglan, available in the US, and Domperidone, available in Canada and the UK) which can increase milk supply as a side-effect. Both have additional side-effects and are not for every mom, so talk to your midwife or doctor before taking either one.

If nothing works, and you can't increase supply, you should do just fine pumping what you can and nursing your baby when you're together. Your body has an amazing internal clock which knows to make the right amount of milk for the right time of day.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"