Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Donating Breastmilk

Default Re: Donating Breastmilk

How often do you donate milk? I think that's so wonderful! You are doing the world such a service!
    My mom used to nurse all the babies in the neigherborhood a couple of times a week because their mommies had milk production problems. She even nursed a stranger's baby in an airport that had been shut down due to wether. That was a FF baby, and they ran out! What a nightmare! I just love those stories! Of course, those were the days before we knew a lot about HIV!

Quote Originally Posted by Carrie'sMommy
    How often do you donate milk? I think that's so wonderful! You are doing the world such a service!
    My mom used to nurse all the babies in the neigherborhood a couple of times a week because their mommies had milk production problems. She even nursed a stranger's baby in an airport that had been shut down due to wether. That was a FF baby, and they ran out! What a nightmare! I just love those stories! Of course, those were the days before we knew a lot about HIV!
    I donate about 100 oz once a month and have been since she was 4 months old. I so love it!!! That's great that your mom did that! I told my husband that if I ever found a abandoned baby, I would so nurse it and bring it home (he looks at me like I'm nuts). Thank You!!!!

My Mom loves to tell the story of when my sister was in the NICU. She is very proud 30 years later that she was nursing me (1 1/2 ) and providing milk for my sister and another baby in the NICU. Marcie you should be proud of yourself for all you are doing for your family and others!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynMama
    My Mom loves to tell the story of when my sister was in the NICU. She is very proud 30 years later that she was nursing me (1 1/2 ) and providing milk for my sister and another baby in the NICU. Marcie you should be proud of yourself for all you are doing for your family and others!!!
    Thank You!!!! My sister told me today when she goes away on her honeymoon (which will proably be awhile) and if her DD is still nursing, I'll be getting her to nurse her also with my DD while she is away, she just got engaged this last friday. I have no problem with it, as long as the two girls won't fight over it, lol

Wow, you all should be so grateful to have oversupply. Those of us with short supply would kill (figuratively speaking) to have your problem, and if I did, I certainly would be pumping extra to donate!

This is God's gift to all our children, our bodies so perfectly engineered to custom produce the perfect food for them, and it is too precious to waste.

It is unimaginably frustrating, upsetting, and depressing for those of us who can't produce enough.

I encourage anyone who can, to donate!