Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: ack!

Default ack!

so I'm pumping this morning for I was really uncomfortable. So I look at my breast shield when I'm done and its scratched on the inside and causing a problem. So now I need one new breastshield (though I wouldn't mind having to buy 2)

My problem is that I like the hard ones. The soft membrane-y ones rub me the wrong way and cause soreness. Is it possible to buy just the shield part? Or do I have to buy a whole new kit? I'm in the normal breast shield size that comes standard with everything. I don't see them like this on babies r' us website. I need 2 pieces for my hands free set up!

help!

duh - I'm using a medela symphony!
    Last edited by @llli*persephone-ashes; November 12th, 2009 at 01:10 PM.
    Hi, I'm Seph!
    DD born - 5/12/09 5lbs 15oz, and now she's 27 lbs! weaned with love at 19 months.
    DS born - 10/12/11 8 lbs 1 oz, over 19 pounds now at 8.5 months and still nursing like a champ!
    I survived 3 solid months of a 10 food elimination diet and 22 months of a limited diet between my 2 children. I don't even remember what a peanut is.
    for 21 months!
    6 time conqueror of mastitis! (2 times without abx!)
    Have milk, will fly!

Default Re: ack!

Yes, you can buy just the shields. I got some at Target - not sure if they are still selling them, but Babies R Us probably is at the store. That's where I got some membranes.

What do you mean 2 pieces for your hands free set up?
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommy2lilah View Post
    Yes, you can buy just the shields. I got some at Target - not sure if they are still selling them, but Babies R Us probably is at the store. That's where I got some membranes.

What do you mean 2 pieces for your hands free set up?
    you know how the shield part connects with the part that screws into the bottle? some I guess have that as one big piece. I need them to seperate so I can thread it through the hole in my bra to make it hands free.
    Hi, I'm Seph!
    DD born - 5/12/09 5lbs 15oz, and now she's 27 lbs! weaned with love at 19 months.
    DS born - 10/12/11 8 lbs 1 oz, over 19 pounds now at 8.5 months and still nursing like a champ!
    I survived 3 solid months of a 10 food elimination diet and 22 months of a limited diet between my 2 children. I don't even remember what a peanut is.
    for 21 months!
    Have milk, will fly!

The Medela shields all come apart, or so I thought?
    they come with the horn and connector, like this...

We've made it 1 YEAR

A newborn baby has only three demands. They are warmth in the arms of its mother, food from her breasts, and security in the knowledge of her presence. Breastfeeding satisfies all three. ~Grantly Dick-Read

Stacey

Married to DH since 2001
    Mommy to Mikki 2006
    Mommy to Xander 2008

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*airportmom View Post
    The Medela shields all come apart, or so I thought?
    they come with the horn and connector, like this...
    I thought so too, but looking around I found this and I think it's one piece.
    Hi, I'm Seph!
    for 21 months!
    Have milk, will fly!