Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Nipple Shield Advice

Default Nipple Shield Advice

Nipple shields come in a range of sizes. I use the XXL breastshields made by Medela (36mm). Should I buy a larger size of the nipple shield because of this? Anyone know anything about this?

TIA!

Default Re: Nipple Shield Advice

I used the standard sheild and that worked just great, even though the flanges that size didn't! goodluck
    ~*TiffanyJewel*~
    Happily Married !
    SAHM to my two beautiful boys
    Ethan my sweet big boy! born 9-9-04
    Aidan my little nursling! (relactation) born
    5-2-06!
    Natalie Jewel Our Valentine! Born
    2-14-08
    *Relactation- a labor or Love*

Glad to hear that larges flanges worked for you Tiffany! That's great!

I got the standard size NS today. I plan to try using it tomorrow once DH goes to work. I think it might really help since DS will open his mouth while sleeping for a paci but not for the nipple. Though after my vent earlier, I thought back and realized how comforting it was just to have my arms comforting him, even if he was sucking away on paci and not me. But it's worth a shot to see if maybe he'll latch that way... And I'm looking to get an SNS soon (once I can get him latching, of course) and see if that helps. There is some milk there right now...

Thanks!

I had to get the "large" flan for my medela pump too! And I'm wondering if I need to go bigger! I just don't know what "it" is supposed to look or feel like!