Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How long do you pump for??

Default How long do you pump for??

If you are exclusively pumping...

How long do you pump for?

I have been pumping for almost 4 months now...I pump 6 times per day for 30 minutes...and I get around 30-35 ounces per day.

Next??
    -Andrea

EP for my surroguy since 7/16/2009

Default Re: How long do you pump for??

I exclusively pump for my 12 week old little girl.

I pump 6-7x per day and get anywhere from 30-40 oz. per day.

Morning pump-10-12 oz.

All the other sessions-3-6

I was curious about this too. I hope there are a lot of responses!

I am pumping and bf but I usually only bf during the night. I pump about 6-7 times per day for 20mins and usually produce anywhere from3-7 on average 7-10 in the morning. My little guys is almost 6weeks.....he takes a lot at each sitting too. How much are you children counsuming at each feeding. I just started to keep tracked of how many ounces he takes at each feeding and then how much I make. Yesterday was really good, today not as great. I want to be able to produce more at each pumpinf session and be able to reduce the amount of sessions. Yesterday and today I tried to go from 7 sessions to 6......I hope that is not why today was not my best of days.....

I am afraid that if I cut out the nightly breastfeeding session my supply will start to dwindle because of the reduction of contact. Has your supply increased.....as your baby is growing and requiring even though you are eping?

For as little as my 16 week old is able to remove (3-4 oz day now) I pump 10-12x day including a power pump session in the a.m. I get about 28-29 oz/day total including what she nurses. I pump at least every 3 hrs including at night for 20 minutes a session.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*samsmom106 View Post
    I am afraid that if I cut out the nightly breastfeeding session my supply will start to dwindle because of the reduction of contact. Has your supply increased.....as your baby is growing and requiring even though you are eping?
    I would be really careful about cutting out the nightly bf session this soon (you said your LO is 6 weeks?) Would you pump instead of BF?

My surroguy will be 4 months on the 16th, and I just cut out my night pump...so now I pump at 5am, 9am, 12pm, 3pm, 6pm, and 9pm...then do it all over again. My supply has not decreased (Thank goodness!!)
    -Andrea

EP for my surroguy since 7/16/2009

I would still do a nighttime feeding/pump session just with a bottle, but I think I am going to try to keep breastfeeding at night. prior to my last post we had had a bad night. But I am glad to hear that you were able to cut out the night time feed and your supply did not dwindle. I did discover though that if you can breastfeed/or at least have skin to skin contact with you little one while you pump it really does help production. Who knew, I think oatmeal helps too!!!

How many oz does you little one it per feeding??? and how often?