Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Yay Us!

Thumbs up Yay Us!

In two weeks - we have made a year - and what a year it has been! When I started I was committed - but I told dh not to let me quit. I remembering early on - begging him to let me quit - and then saying "you better not say yes" - oh my talk about hormonal...LOL

I did have a question - dd seems to still be most interested in bf - not solids. She will eat two "meals" a day - and snack here and there - but really she has no interest and would rather bf. Is this normal?

Default Re: Yay Us!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffs_hope
    In two weeks - we have made a year - and what a year it has been! When I started I was committed - but I told dh not to let me quit. I remembering early on - begging him to let me quit - and then saying "you better not say yes" - oh my talk about hormonal...LOL

I did have a question - dd seems to still be most interested in bf - not solids. She will eat two "meals" a day - and snack here and there - but really she has no interest and would rather bf. Is this normal?

Congrats to you!!!! In mid Oct. we'll be a year also. I would think it's normal, but my dd doesen't take any solids at all, so I wouldn't be the one to ask about that.

Normal?? I don't think any baby is the norm, but if it makes you feel better Emily is a year old and she woudl rather bf, too. She eats a couple of small meals, typically three but she certainly doesn't fuss if we're out and we just have boob food instead!

Congrats!!
    Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...

Thanks you two - i am glad to know that yours are doing similar.

Congrats on making it this far. My son didn't want anything to do w/ solids until he was 13 months old. Then one day he decided to eat... Now he likes almost everything and eats a ton. Just keep offering it and she'll come around someday.

Janine

Congrats! My son is a year old too. He will try almost anything you offer him to eat. My husband is from Costa Rica, so we eat a lot of Latin foods. Baby loves to eat beans and tortillas, but he still loves to breastfeed more than anything else I can offer him. I asked my mom about this(she is very pro breastfeeding). She said "Babies eat solids when they're ready, keep offering, but if he doesn't want it don't worry. Breastmilk is the most healthy thing you can give him anyway."

Just keep doing what makes you both happy.

Smart kids!