My 18 month old has thrush and is not able to nurse due to the pain. (He has the flu and is on a strong antibiotic for a cold.) We just got medicine for the thrush today. He's missed 3 nursing sessions now. He normally nurses 3-4 times a day.
I'm struggling with trying to decide if I should take this opportunity to wean him. I had decided to wean him slowly by the end of the year. But, I keep thinking that since he's already made it almost 24 hours, that I should just wean him now. However, I never wanted to wean him cold turkey.
Would it be better to start nursing him again just to stop in a month or so? Should I start nursing him again, but go ahead and drop a session in preparation to wean? I'm not sure what to do. He currently nurses in the morning, at nap time, and at bedtime.
I know it would be best to let him wean on his own, but we are thinking about trying for another child soon, so I want to have him weaned before I get pregnant again.