Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: lansinoh DE verses Ameda Purely Yours

Default lansinoh DE verses Ameda Purely Yours

I've read that the Ameda Purely Yours and the Lansinoh Double Electric are virtually the same pump. But the LDE doesn't come with a bag and freezer packs. But, some reviews said they had trouble witt the LDE's "diaphragm" sticking when pumping. Is it possible that the Lansinoh is a slightly cheaper, not as sturdy built pump?? Or are they EXACTLY the same, just different colors?

Default Re: lansinoh DE verses Ameda Purely Yours

I purcchased the Ameda pump and it has been great. I didnt buy it with the bag becuase I just used a bag from home and an insulated cooler that I bring my lunch in. I only paid like $135 off if diapers.com. Google breast pump reviews there is tons of info. Good Luck!

I used the Lansinoh with no problems. I don't know about it being exactly the same as the Ameda, though!
    I'm Sarah,
    still a , dairy free due to baby's allergy, , cloth , Momma to...
    6/17/2008 (10lbs 3oz!!)
    ! EDD (9/10/2010)
    while *still* trying to finish my dissertation!

My understanding is that they are the same pump, just in different colors.

I have the LDE, and I have zero problems with it

I did not care that it didn't come with a bag and ice packs. I bought better packs -- the solid ones, that never spring leaks -- and a fashionable insulated lunch tote (I have a thread on that somewhere) and it looks like I'm carrying a purse around Cost me maybe $20
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

I have the LDE also with no problems. I talked to an IBCLC and she confirmed that they are the same exact pump. The patent ran out on Ameda's pump so Lansinoh copied it...at least that was how she understood it.
    ~ Theresa
    wife to Mike and mommy to Clara (9-5-08) 2 years and going strong!!