Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BF in the CARSEAT

Default Re: BF in the CARSEAT

I have done this many times with DS - it has really been a sanity saver in several instances. I am petite with fairly small breasts too, so I am not sure that makes a huge difference, but being able to contort does! It is definitely easier when they face backwards than frontwards, but can be done both ways depending on your agility!

The first time I did this with DS he was like 'WTH?' - then he got big grins like 'Thanks, Mom, you came and saved the day!' Give it a try!
    Mommy to DS - 12/29/2007 and DD - 4/11/2010
    We are taking tandem nursing day by day

ok I feel ready to try!on tuesday we go to see granma and it's one hour trip...DS generally starts to scream at the half an hour mark...and won't stop until we arrive
    I will bring some pillows but no blankets...I want to see the WTH faces that would be fun

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*elimaka View Post
    ok I feel ready to try!on tuesday we go to see granma and it's one hour trip...DS generally starts to scream at the half an hour mark...and won't stop until we arrive
    I will bring some pillows but no blankets...I want to see the WTH faces that would be fun
    You could also put LO in carseat on the couch, with you sitting next to him, at home and practice there
    The "WTH" faces are priceless My dd looked at me like "wow, eating on the run?"
    I'm a SAHM to
    #1 Alyssa 5/26/09 BF for exactly 25 1/2mths
    #2 Emily 11/7/11 completely self-weaned at 20 mths
    #3 Victoria 12/16/13

New sights, new goals, new directions...

Oh yeah, I didn't even think of practicing at home first . I think we'll have to do that, definitely!!

Breastfeeding my 4 year old

I have small breasts and I can do it. Like others have said, it's not exactly comfy, but better than a screaming baby for hours or having to stop every 20 minutes on a day long car trip. It's a lot harder trying to squeeze in between 2 carseats.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

lol! This almost makes me nostalgic for the nursing in the car days. Almost.

Let me just say, it was particularly funny in a college town
    I'm Sarah,
    still a , dairy free due to baby's allergy, , cloth , Momma to...
    6/17/2008 (10lbs 3oz!!)
    ! EDD (9/10/2010)
    while *still* trying to finish my dissertation!

Just wanted to add that I've done it, but only because we were on a trip halfway across the country and DS wouldn't eat very much so I would try feeding him while he was getting sleepy in the car on the highway. Wow was it hard to get my boob close enough to his mouth! There is a video on youtube showing how to do it, but it looks like the girl has just the right kind of carseat or something because mine is more of a bucket where I really really have to lean in.
    I personally wouldn't recommend it for long periods of time without your safety belt on!
    Josiah born at home 1/26/2009, 50 months and counting , and Adlai born 6/26/12

yes!!!I did ''the lean''!!!
    it is a bit difficult expecially because DS really enjoyed it and wanted to nurse for quite a long time(10 minutes in that position feels like ages!)but it was so good to do our first trip without DSyelling and crying desperately.
    thanks so much moms for opening to me the world of eating on the go!
    ..and yes,people's faces are priceless lol

I don't see how I can do it with a seatbelt on. If I were to try with it off, i'd be afraid of getting pulled over by a police officer for not wearing it. Gah, I guess you do what you have to do.

Breastfeeding my 4 year old

yes!!!I did ''the lean''!!!
    it is a bit difficult expecially because DS really enjoyed it and wanted to nurse for quite a long time(10 minutes in that position feels like ages!)but it was so good to do our first trip without DSyelling and crying desperately.
    thanks so much moms for opening to me the world of eating on the go!
    ..and yes,people's faces are priceless lol
    Glad it worked for you! It was a LIFESAVER for us.
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png