Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BF in the CARSEAT

Default BF in the CARSEAT

I recently read about how some of you momma's are able to nurse your baby while they are still in their carseat.

How on earth do you manage that?!?! If I could do it i'm sure it would save my husband stress and boredom...we usually have to wait in the car in a parking lot while I nurse. Poor hubby!

Any advice? Or is there a website that maybe has pictures? I need the info, ladies!!

Breastfeeding my 4 year old

Default Re: BF in the CARSEAT

I'm sorry... I'm just laughing over here picturing myself trying to BF while LO's in the carseat. I'm very small (breasts) and I can just see leaning over him and doing some balancing act and having some trucker drive by and thinking "WTH!?".....
    and and

Emily, wife to Andrew, first time momma to Benjamin~ born 4-20-09

In my experience, having larger, floppier breasts is what makes nursing in the car seat possible. And even then, mama has to contort herself into a fairly uncomfortable position.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

I have small breasts and have done it...it was really really uncomfortable, but we were in the middle of a rainstorm and stuck in detour traffic so a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do!!

I'm Heather, SAHM to Cooper , born 1/2007
    and Bennett, our precious NICU grad born 8/2009
    and wife to Bill since 10/2003!
    We're young, but we know we can do it!
    Life with the Stevens-blog

I'm an Ergo Baby Carrier affiliate!

I've done it but it hurts my ribs leaning over her carseat. My DH said when I did it last time, can you imagine if this is Clayton's first memory.
    Mama to my Rubies
    C '07
    A '09
    And my Christmas Eve baby
    L '12
    I will carry you all my life
    And I will praise the one who's chosen me to carry you
    W Apr '11
    R Nov '11
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart. *Helen Kellar*

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mumma2thumper View Post
    I've done it but it hurts my ribs leaning over her carseat. My DH said when I did it last time, can you imagine if this is Clayton's first memory.
    it hurts my ribs too. and i have definitely never done it while remaining buckled myself.

i did it with N a few times and he was kinda weirded out.. like uhmm this isnt what im used to
    Student aspiring to be a Chiropractor and mother to Noah who will be 3 in July and Olivia who will be 2 in Aug.

that's amazingit would be a lifesaver for me to be able to do it!!!
    DS is terrible in the car!
    unfortunately my breast are small and I'm all petite,I can't immagine how could I do it..

You're ribs will hurt, but you kind of have to scoot forward in your seat so that just your bottom is on it. As if you were reaching for something in the front seat, or when you lean on the arm of you couch, KWIM? It's definitely not the most comfortable position, but it's not like you're in it for 30 minutes because the car motion AND bfing puts them out (hopefully).

I'm small breasted too, unless I'm full But they're floppy. Not too floppy since this is my first baby, but they're definitely not "perky"!
    I'm a SAHM to
    #1 Alyssa 5/26/09 BF for exactly 25 1/2mths
    #2 Emily 11/7/11 completely self-weaned at 20 mths
    #3 Victoria 12/16/13

New sights, new goals, new directions...

LOL, thanks so much for the replies!! I think the next time we're on a bit of a trip (for us that means up to an hour LOL) i'll have to try it. My baby is not the kind that enjoys car rides.

Breastfeeding my 4 year old

I used to do this before my little guy switched to a forward facing seat. It sounds like Juliet's position is similar to mine. I sort of had to hold onto the front seat's head rest to keep myself in position or I'd fall backwards. I also had to ask my husband to drive *gently* When my guy was old enough to reach out for things, he'd sort of reach out to hug the boob. Really funny stuff.

I also made sure to have a blanket handy... It is *Hilarious* to see what pedestrians and other drivers think at stoplights and whatnot, but depending on your personality/mood...
    I'm Sarah,
    still a , dairy free due to baby's allergy, , cloth , Momma to...
    6/17/2008 (10lbs 3oz!!)
    ! EDD (9/10/2010)
    while *still* trying to finish my dissertation!