Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Before I forget....

Default Re: Before I forget....

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*clooneylover View Post
    Oh, I'm just going thru all the emotions reading this post. , but lots of LOVE for YOU.
    WSS Exactly Shelly
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

You have a good point about the giving tree, I never thought of it that way. I almost cried reading all this! Thanks for making me realize I really need to cherish each moment with DS. It's so easy to just let the time pass by quicker and quicker, you're inspiring with how you let your emotion out and you're enjoying these last nursing moments. I feel for you mama, and I'm not looking forward to that day
    Megan/Meg
    Married to James 1/3/09
    SAHM to Aiden Joseph 5/31/09
    PG with #2 EDD 10/3/10

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*molly.b View Post
    I'm at a loss for words but I wanted to give hugs anyway. That story is maybe meant as a metaphor for motherhood but I think it's faulty. In the story the child gives nothing back to the tree, but I think children really do, or can, give back to their parents.

I agree that children give back to us, most definitely.

Lots of hugs for you Mama.
    Jess

Mama to my little Roxie Roo, 06/11/08

April miles for TBTTW: 63

Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

My DD only nurses twice a day, now. I know that she's young enough that she could pick it back up (esp. when I'm home with her over the summer) but I still feel that ?? of what if this is the last time ??? ??? whenever I nurse her because I also know that she could just be DONE at anytime. Being not sure if we'll have another baby just adds to the sadness... It is so tough to give so much and then suddenly, it's just over! But I see with my 3.3 year old that I can still give to him in other ways that really matter to him (snuggling, stories, hugs, kisses, even discipline!). Sometimes I think ahead to when they won't be around anymore, but I can only think about that for about 2 seconds because I just fall apart! Thanks for helping us to remember to cherish every moment!

I'm Erica

Mommy to "C" - currently 3 and half years old
    - nursed for one year

and mommy to "M" - currently 2 years old
    - nursed for 23 months

Wife to my handsome DH for 5 and a half years!

Shelly, I don't know why I've missed this thread until now. It's very touching and I thank you for sharing your weaning journey. Your thoughtfulness and care in making sure that you are doing it the right way for both you and DJ is palpable.

I wistfully wonder about how much different this journey would be if there was a baby and milk for another child.
    This part made me for you. I hope it happens for you soon. You're a wonderful mother and you've been waiting a long time. As far as how different it would be, you never know. Maybe DJ would have totally weaned during pregnancy, maybe not. I still wonder how long Nora would have gone had I not gotten pregnant with D. I think I will always feel slightly guilty that by getting pregnant I pushed her away before she was ready.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

s for you Shelly... I can only imagine how hard it is to see the end coming closer and closer. Your analogy about "The Giving Tree" made me .

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*norasmommy View Post
    This part made me for you. I hope it happens for you soon. You're a wonderful mother and you've been waiting a long time. As far as how different it would be, you never know. Maybe DJ would have totally weaned during pregnancy, maybe not. I still wonder how long Nora would have gone had I not gotten pregnant with D. I think I will always feel slightly guilty that by getting pregnant I pushed her away before she was ready.
    Paige, I bolded part of your post above... I too wonder how long MJ would have nursed had I not gotten pregnant with Mason. It seems she still has such a need to suck, since she still takes a paci... And I SO wish I still had nursing in my mothering bag of tricks for her... to calm her when she's hurt or sick or during tantrums and such.
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.

I feel the same way about my son who is 3.3. He weaned at one year b/c I was pregnant (I didn't really know what I was doing and helped him along a little). I TOTALLY wish that he had kept nursing and I had tandemed. sigh...
    Oh well...

I'm Erica

Mommy to "C" - currently 3 and half years old
    - nursed for one year

and mommy to "M" - currently 2 years old
    - nursed for 23 months

Wife to my handsome DH for 5 and a half years!

Whenever the weaning happens there is often saddness on the part of Mom. Did the child wean because society encouraged Mom to push the child along? Did weaning happen because of a new pregnancy? Did weaning happen because the child self-weaned? In all instances whether the weaning was forced, encouraged or gradual there is a permanent change to the mother-child relationship.

Shelly-You will someday look back at your journey with DJ and be so thankful that you had every nursing moment with him. It is so hard to imagine life without nursing him. It will be different and perhaps it would have been different if you had been given the possibility of nursing him through another pregnancy and possibly TN. But what you know and should be so proud of is your passion to give him all of you for these years. Your gift of Mothering him through nursing will have helped make your little guy who he is and who he will become. When the day comes that he no longer asks to nurse you can look into his eyes and know that you have given him the best start at life. You have taught him so much through your tender touch, your mothering instincts and your wonderfully powerful milk. He has been blessed to have you as his Mother.
    Alene
    LLL Leader

Bump for Christine.

Way too lazy for formula