Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pebbles?

Default Re: Pebbles?

So, is juice ok daily? If I add a few ounces of juice, I could probably get her to go a little longer at DC which would mean I could stop stressing so much about pumping enough and we could solve the constipation issue without having to remove stuff from her diet..???
    with my Best Friend
    Proud Mommy to my 3 girls
    "Munchkin" 9/20/01
    "Sunshine" 12/01/06
    "Peanut" 02/26/09 birth weight 5lbs 2 oz
    2 mos 10lbs 4 oz
    4 mos 13lbs 8 oz
    5 mos 14lbs 12 oz
    6 mos 15lbs 3 oz
    9 mos 17lbs 10 oz
    1 year 19lbs 3 oz

Firm believer in the glory of "MIRACLE GROW"

bannana always gave my sarah troubles... she could have 1/2 and still be able to poop...
    dr sears has some good juice info

http://www.askdrsears.com/html/3/t031400.asp

You know, I think a little juice is ok...especially if it can help with some constipation...but its up to you mama. I wouldn't just pump my kids full of juice all the time. And if you did do juice, make sure its 100% juice without any high fructose corn syrup or any other junk it in.

There is a BFing mama that was having some trouble pumping enough, so she added a little juice at 6mos. Her DD nurses just before she gets to daycare. She takes a morning nap and then wakes up and has her oatmeal mixed with 1 jar of fruit or 1 jar of veggies followed by 2ozs juice w/2ozs water. About 1-2hrs later she takes a 4oz bottle of EBM and 3hrs later she takes a 4oz bottle of EBM. This gets her through the day, helps keep her from getting constipated, and she has less stress trying to pump another 4ozs.
    All over the world there exists in every society a small group of women who feel themselves strongly attracted to giving care to other women during pregnancy and childbirth. Failure to make use of this group of highly motivated people is regrettable and a sin against the principle of subsidiary. ~ Dr. Kloosterman, Chief of OB/GYN, Univ. of Amsterdam, Holland

**Leslie**

Mama to:
    Shiloh (5/6/06) Nursed for 13 months and Josephine (7/26/08) Nursed for 23.5 mos Currently nursing my new little firecracker, Finley Catherine, born on the 4th of July!!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*Leslie View Post
    You know, I think a little juice is ok...especially if it can help with some constipation...but its up to you mama. I wouldn't just pump my kids full of juice all the time. And if you did do juice, make sure its 100% juice without any high fructose corn syrup or any other junk it in.

There is a BFing mama that was having some trouble pumping enough, so she added a little juice at 6mos. Her DD nurses just before she gets to daycare. She takes a morning nap and then wakes up and has her oatmeal mixed with 1 jar of fruit or 1 jar of veggies followed by 2ozs juice w/2ozs water. About 1-2hrs later she takes a 4oz bottle of EBM and 3hrs later she takes a 4oz bottle of EBM. This gets her through the day, helps keep her from getting constipated, and she has less stress trying to pump another 4ozs.
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I would probably do the Gerber juices and still water it down to half water half juice. I am thinking only giving her 2 ounces total (i ounce juice, 1 ounce water)...of course, we haven't really ever had constipation issues so, I feel a little selfish doing it just so I don't have to stress so much about pumping.
    with my Best Friend
    Proud Mommy to my 3 girls
    "Munchkin" 9/20/01
    "Sunshine" 12/01/06
    "Peanut" 02/26/09 birth weight 5lbs 2 oz
    2 mos 10lbs 4 oz
    4 mos 13lbs 8 oz
    5 mos 14lbs 12 oz
    6 mos 15lbs 3 oz
    9 mos 17lbs 10 oz
    1 year 19lbs 3 oz

Firm believer in the glory of "MIRACLE GROW"

Don't feel selfish or guilty pumping is a lot of work. Maybe give a small amout of juice a try and see how things go. You may get more output from pumping if you aren't stressed.
    Another thing that worked for us was cooked pearled barley. She loved to pick up the little pieces and they helped soften her poop. But my #1 go to is prunes for constipation, they always worked and thankfully dd likes them. Maybe this link will give you some good ideas. Good luck!
    DD (7/23/08) self weaned at 17 months
    DS (6/20/10) nursing like a champ