Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Need some opinions

Question Need some opinions

I have 6 month old twin boys and a 2 year old boy. I stopped pumping for thw twins when they were 2 months old and went back to work at 3 months, but I am starting to miss it. I decided to be a SAHM when they were 4 months.
    I never really BF them, just pumped. I am not planning on exclusively BF, just a bottle or two a day. Is it posssible to start again?? Is it worth it?? Will the milk still have the same nutritional value as when they were born?? Do I need to have a doctors prescription for the supplements to help the milk come in??

Thanks for the help
    Sorry for so many questions.

Default Re: Need some opinions

It is definitely worth it - even a bottle or two a day will give them invaluable immune agents - even stem cells! In this very scary flu season, that would be a real blessing.

Your milk will be different than it was when they were 2mo, because your body changes its consistency to match your children's age[s]. But it will be just as nutritionally valuable now as it was then.

I don't know much about relactation meds - I know that some are herbs and some need a prescription - hopefully another mama will chime in here...

!!
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png