Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it all in my head??!

Question Is it all in my head??!

So today my daughter had her three month appt. She had to go to the dr. about four days ago and at that appt. with her clothes on she weighed 13 pounds even. Now today at this appt. with her clothes on she weighed 12 pounds 10 ounces.

I am freaking out a little bit because for the last four days I have not used the SNS at all. I was trying to go on her cues and if she got a little fussy I would put her to the breast. She seemed content enough with that most of the time so I just stopped using it abruptly. I also stopped pumping except for like once a day. I was pumping after every feeding. I thought everything was going fine until today when she was weighed. I know it's probably nothing but it seems like in four days she should have gained a little weight.

Also I have noticed when she sleeps her 5 hour stretch at night her urine in her diaper the next morning is really yellow. That scared me because everything I read said their urine should be clear if they are well hydrated.

One last thing as crazy as this is I think I am addicted to pumping.

I was pumping non stop for the first three months of her life and now that I have stopped all of a sudden I feel like I need to pump. When I don't pump after a nursing session I start thinking in my head that my supply is going to drop and that I need to pump. It's like I make myself think I have to do it. Is this normal??
    Mommy to an amazing boy born August 2008 and a wonderful girl born July 2009.

our son for two years now.

for three months...going strong!

Default Re: Is it all in my head??!

Deep breath in. Exhale. Breath in. Breath out. Relax. It sounds like everything is fine. Just watch her diaper output and follow her cues. Weight fluxuates, one yellow urine diaper is fine for an overnight diaper. You're doing great mama. Don't psych yourself out.

Amy married to my bestfriend since 10/30/04

Proud SAHM to DS born 2/17/07 and DD born 9/11/08 Both weaned together 11/2011
    Currently milk, peach, peanut and tree nut free. DD has outgrown her wheat, cheese, egg, garlic, and citrus allergies

with PP. Try and relax mama. I used to psych myself out too. I still do, I think we all do because we love our babies and we want them to be healthy and happy and awesome It sounds to me like you are doing great. How are her pee diapers the rest of the day? Does she have plenty of them, at least 5 good ones? The pumping thing...I get that, I had to pump because of latch problems and when I stopped it felt wierd, like my milk would just dry up but it doesn't mama AS long as bay is suckling at breast and eating well, that's the best way to keep your supply up. And lasty, clothes can make a BIG differance in scales, she was 6 oz less right? How differant was her outfit. Fabrics, shoes or no shoes, a hair ribbon, feeding the baby right before weighing her, was she moving or resisting being weighed?...all of these will greatly impact the scale. Was it even the SAME scale?

If your baby is happy, peeing the right amount of diapers, and eating at your breast every 2-3 hours during the day (and night for some of us ) she's fine mama. You're doing great
    I'm Colleen
    Mama to
    Silas born May 2009 ~ Nursed 18 mos, weaned during pregnancy, unweaned at 24 months, still nursing when he feels like it
    Lola born March 2011 ~ The Mary Lou Retton of toddler nursing
    Married to Brandon
    Using cloth on both bums

We hibernate together

Thank you ladies for all the positive input. I think I am second guessing myself every since that weight and finding things wrong. I am trying so hard to strictly breastfeed but obviously I won't starve her. I will watch her diapers closer and continue to watch for cues.

I was thinking about trying to get her to eat at least every hour and a half. She usually eats every hour or so on her own but sometimes she will go a few hours. I am starting domperidone in a few days as well so i really hope that will help my supply.

Thank you again ladies.

sounds like you're doing great mamma.

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

We have been nursing for over 2 years now!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mammaof2 View Post
    sounds like you're doing great mamma.

I'm Anna
    Proud mama to my 2 little high needs "koala bears":

Ethan born 8/23/08
    Bfed for 22 months, weaned with love 7/2010

Lucas, born 1/6/11
    Nursing strong for 19 MONTHS!

Cloth diapering 1 full-time even though I'm constantly ! Currently in potty training mode. We also and

what is SNS?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*tinzieb View Post
    what is SNS?

Supplemental Nursing System

It's really useful for moms who need to supplement- either because they're not producing enough milk or because their babies are having trouble nursing effectively- and want to do it at the breast instead of via bottle.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommal View Post

Supplemental Nursing System

It's really useful for moms who need to supplement- either because they're not producing enough milk or because their babies are having trouble nursing effectively- and want to do it at the breast instead of via bottle.
    What she said.

she could have had a good poop to get the lower weight!

Your doing a great job.

I say if you feal like you should pump maybe you should.
    IT might take you a while to find the happy medium with pumping.