Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Growth spurt behavior in 3 week old?

Default Growth spurt behavior in 3 week old?

My DS is 3.5 weeks old and the past two days he nursed every 1.5 to 2 hours round the clock it seemed. He also wouldn't sleep much at all during the day (30 minutes maybe at a time) and didn't go to sleep for night until around midnight or so. He was extremely fussy.

Today on the other hand he has just wanted to sleep all day and hardly nurse any. When I try and nurse him he either is still sleepy and nurses well (maybe 4 sessions have been this way today) and then the other times he is so fussy and just pulls off and screams when I feed him. When they go through a growth spurt, do they eat for several days non-stop and then just want to sleep a day and not eat much? His diaper output has been very good today like it always is.

Default Re: Growth spurt behavior in 3 week old?

Yep, sounds like what my DS did when he was about 4wo. I think you've hit the one-month growth spurt a little early. Hang in there, mama - this too will pass!
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

Default Re: Growth spurt behavior in 3 week old?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*imma2nonstopaa View Post
    Yep, sounds like what my DS did when he was about 4wo. I think you've hit the one-month growth spurt a little early. Hang in there, mama - this too will pass!

Yep, sounds like a growth spurt to me too.
    I'm Anna
    Proud mama to my 2 little high needs "koala bears":

Ethan born 8/23/08
    Bfed for 22 months, weaned with love 7/2010

Lucas, born 1/6/11
    Nursing strong for 19 MONTHS!

Cloth diapering 1 full-time even though I'm constantly ! Currently in potty training mode. We also and