Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suggested BF/pumping schedule for 2 week old

Default Re: Suggested BF/pumping schedule for 2 week old

Oh, and I meant to add that if pumping is working for you then it won't hurt to continue. Just don't stress too much over it if you aren't getting much or not finding enough time to do it regularly. You still have time to work that out and build up a freezer stash.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Default Re: Suggested BF/pumping schedule for 2 week old

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*norasmommy View Post
    That's what worked best for me. I never intended to do it, it's just the only way I could make night time nursing work for me. As long as you follow the guidelines for doing it safely, it is a great tool in the breastfeeding mothers' arsenal.

Another way to pump and not worry about the next feeding is to pump one side while nursing on the other. But I would wait until four or five weeks to do that. You need to recover and rest with baby.

It sounds like you are doing great! Don't worry about people or books saying that the baby should only eat every three hours. They need to eat when they want to eat. I still feed my daughter on demand and she is a year old.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months