Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Strange behavior- teething?

Default Re: Strange behavior- teething?

I wouldn't consider the cubes a feeding. Breastmilk also contains oxycontin with helps relieve pain so those ice cubes are a double whammy You can also freeze one of your LOs washclothes to chew on. They love chewing on that type of material.
    What I'm doing right now with my teething dd, is that I will hold an ice cube (with thumb and index fingers) or anything cold, then hold them down/rub on dd's gums. She likes to bite down on them but it's ok, anything to help
    I'm a SAHM to
    #1 Alyssa 5/26/09 BF for exactly 25 1/2mths
    #2 Emily 11/7/11 completely self-weaned as of 7/19/13
    Dealt with recurring clogged ducts, mastitis, OALD/OS, and baby reflux with both girls
    #3 Victoria 12/16/13

New sights, new goals, new directions...

My DH was slightly grossed out at the idea of frozen bm. Too bad! I'll just be sure to keep it separate. Couldn't find mini ice trays at Wal Mart so will have to be creative. Maybe a thin layer at the bottom of a small tupperware container- I can break it into chunks.

The mesh feeder is bpa free as are some baby spoons we have so DS can use those for now until I can get something else.

Thanks for all the suggestions!!
    "My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary."
    -Martin Luther

Hopefully your LO will like the taste after a couple of exposures. It's better than water, for right now anyway. The reason they say to not give babies, under 6 months old, water is because you expose them to the minerals in the water. Even at 6 mos. they recommend no more than 2 oz. per 24 hours.
    You could also use those little trays to make popsicles, where you fill them up and place a plactic handle on top
    Last edited by @llli*juliet1; October 30th, 2009 at 02:39 PM.
    I'm a SAHM to
    #1 Alyssa 5/26/09 BF for exactly 25 1/2mths
    #2 Emily 11/7/11 completely self-weaned as of 7/19/13
    Dealt with recurring clogged ducts, mastitis, OALD/OS, and baby reflux with both girls
    #3 Victoria 12/16/13

New sights, new goals, new directions...

DD started "teething" around 4 months, but didn't pop a tooth until 7 months. But the drooling and chomping was constant! Washcloths were her FAVORITE. She liked them damp and she would chew and suck on them (still does)

When your LO gets better at holding things you can make breast milk popsicles. I would put some BM in the Medela bottle tops and then put a pacifier on top of that (so that the nipple is in the milk and the handle is sticking out). After freezing, run the whole thing under warm water to loosen it and ta-da! DD was hooked for the week or two surrounding her first two teeth this summer.
    I'm Melissa, DD (01/12/2009) weaned at a little over 2 1/2 years

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*imma2nonstopaa View Post
    I'm glad she's drooling, though - my DS was a swallower, and all of that extra saliva was really hard on his poor little . If I didn't get a poop off right away - and I mean within a minute or two - it wasn't pretty.
    sorry...
    so if my 5 mos old LO has a cough without fever or runny nose and his poop is mucousy could this be teething with saliva swallowing?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*elimaka View Post
    sorry...
    so if my 5 mos old LO has a cough without fever or runny nose and his poop is mucousy could this be teething with saliva swallowing?
    Could be mama. My LO was like that for a while at the height of her drooliness.

I would just keep a watchful eye to make sure she isn't getting sick, what with cold and flu season being here already.
    Jess

Mama to my little Roxie Roo, 06/11/08

April miles for TBTTW: 63

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jessruff View Post
    I would just keep a watchful eye to make sure she isn't getting sick, what with cold and flu season being here already.
    thanks!
    sure I will
    ped is so busy with H1n1 and seasonal flu that won't see DS if he hasn't got very high fever or breathing problems!