Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Just realizing I have OALD and baby is now a lazy eater...help!

Question Just realizing I have OALD and baby is now a lazy eater...help!

My sweet little girl is just now 3 months old and has been fussy and cranky since day 2. After doing some research over the past week, I realize now that I have OALD. I think that is what is causing a lot of her crankiness. I have tried to block feed on one side this week, but she gets so frustrated and won't stay on one breast for very long once the flow slows down. I usually break down and offer the other side. Do I just need to let her cry it out? Help!!!

Default Re: Just realizing I have OALD and baby is now a lazy eater...help!

I have OALD like you.now DS really likes it!so,first of all be sure that as your little girl grows up the problem will slowly disappear.
    one thing you can do is expressing some milk until you see the flow slowing down and then offer the breast.
    another thing that helped me was feeding on the side position (lie down with LO side to side with you) so your baby can dribble the extra milk.
    also feeding LO in a sling keeping him sraight was very helpful,he was fussying a lot less!

Thanks so much for the encouragement and the suggestions. I have tried side-lying today and it has already helped. I never thought about the sling...it would make things a lot more comfortable for me too. I'll give that a try tomorrow. I'm glad to hear that as she gets older this problem will get better!!!

I'm happy thigs are getting better.you will see your LO starting to appreciate the fast flow sooner or later!
    to learn how to use the sling you can go at www.wrapyourbaby.com

I second the sling...we do most of our "awake" nursing in the moby wrap.

Kathryn,
    Mama to my sweet blueberry eyed boy Joshua
    born on 11/2/2006

and my blueberry eyed baby Jonah Henry...my water birth baby!
    born on 6/15/09

MOBY WRAPS ROCK