Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pump decisions

Default Re: Pump decisions

It always took me about 20 minutes to pump. I would put a third vote in for the Freestyle - not only is it light, but since you don't need an outlet it makes it really easy to pump anywhere, and the handsfree option means that you can pump while you eat/do paperwork/make phone calls/etc. (When I needed extra during a growth spurt, I even pumped while cooking/cleaning!) It is about $40-50 more than the PISA, but it's more than worth it, considering how much easier it makes pumping - lighter bag to carry, pump anywhere, multitask while you pump.

It's really great that you're going to be able to leave your baby with your mother (I know there's no-one I'd rather leave DS with than my mom), and that you'll be able to nurse during the day. Leaving your baby is always hard, but since you have to, you are really lucky to have those arrangements!
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

ok...the freestyle is one i was considering, but I was unsure as to whether it was one that would hold up over time with frequent pumping like the instyle advanced so it is great to have heard your opinions on that.

I have also heard a good amount of positive feedback from friends about the lansinoh.

So i have narrowed my reasearch to those
    I am Heather

[COLOR="YellowGreen"]Proud Mommy to Skyler Ayden, a beautiful baby girl born March 18, 2010.

I am and and CD love that little

Married to Shane May 19, 2001, my bestfriend, even though I am with him, he often makes me want to

I loved my Ameda Purely Yours but it sounds like the Lansinoh is the same thing for less. What's great about it is the fact that the milk never touches the machine or tubing at all. Just goes right from the flange to the bottle. It costs less than the PIS and I used it M-F for 10 months and never had a problem with it. It generally took me about 10-15 minutes to pump and I generally pumped once in the morning around 10 am and once in the afternoon around 2-3 but I was able to feed my son on my lunch break.

Consider yourself very lucky to have your mom watch your little one - I agree with the previous posts that that really is a great situation to be in if you have to work. Baby gets one-on-one time with one of his/her biggest fans - Grandma!
    Married to DH in 2006

New mama to Logan 6/15

We are figuring this baby thing out day by day!

Another Freestyle user here. I highly recommend the Freestyle due to its small size and battery option. I found the hands-free to be pretty useless b/c it takes as much time for me to get all the straps hooked up as it does to actually pump. (I'm a very fast pumper though.) I have been pumping for 6 months now and it has held up well.
    My work schedule is similar to yours, and I have been able to get away with pumping only twice most days. Occasionally I work later and have to do a third. I haven't had any problems with decreasing supply. I think being able to BF at lunch really helps. Good luck!!

I really like my Lansinoh. I hand pumped for 5 years but it is really great to be able to pump both sides at once.

No frills are included, like a bag or ice packs, but for the price, it is well worth it.

Eta I would suggest building time into your schedule to pump. I get messed up when I look at the day and see a block of time at say, 5pm, and think I'll pump then ... But then my staff fills that slot with an appointment, or the client is late, or the appointment needs
    ore time than was allotted. It's not a big deal if it happens once in a while but if it happens every day, it can decrease your supply. A friend of mine is a police officer, and she just cannot get enough downtime dueing her shift to pump enough and her supply has dipped, and she knows that is the reason why.
    Last edited by @llli*aprilsmagic; November 7th, 2009 at 10:06 PM.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!