Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EP two times a day-possible?

Default Re: EP two times a day-possible?

mommal gave you great info about reducing the amount of time pumping.
    Good luck!
    Maybe you could check out a hands free pump and pump while your driving.

Thank you so much for your replies. They all gave me encouragement and support to continue giving breastmilk for my daughter.

You have a long commute - you should totally pump on the way to work and on the way home. If you could pump at lunch (do you get lunch?) then I bet you would have enough for the day and not even have to supplement with formula!
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

I would totally try to fit another session in, either at work or in the car as others suggested. When I was EPing and I went down to 2x a day (since I was trying to cut down) my supply dropped pretty dramatically from there. This was even though I had an extremely robust supply beforehand.
    Beth

Exclusively pumped for Lance Oct 07
    Nursed until just before he turned 3 Levi Oct 09

Do you have extra milk? Consider donating!
    http://www.hmbana.org/:

"So I was welcomed by the consolations of human milk; but it was not my mother or my nurses who made any decision to fill their breasts, but you who through them gave me infant food, in accordance with your ordinance and the riches which are distributed deep in the natural order." -St Augustine

I would hope you would get 30 minutes off if not also 2 - 15 minute breaks which I thought were also required. I also work in NE and although I never took breaks before asked my boss and she said I was entitled to a 15 minute break.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

[QUOTE=@llli*mommy2lilah;809275]"You have a long commute - you should totally pump on the way to work and on the way home. If you could pump at lunch (do you get lunch?) then I bet you would have enough for the day and not even have to supplement with formula!" this may sound stupid but because I am new at this I have to ask, are you saying that eventually i many only have to pump 3 times a day and I will have enough milk for my little one or i would also have to bf? At what point will you produce more at each pumping session and be able to space them out less frequently?
    Last edited by @llli*samsmom106; October 27th, 2009 at 09:35 AM. Reason: spelling

samsmom106 - are you wanting to only pump and not nurse? I'm confused. Maybe someone could produce 25 ounces of milk pumping three times a day, but I think that would be hard. I meant that you could pump three times a day and have enough milk for the time away from the baby.

Is there some reason you don't want to nurse?
    Tracie

Mommy to

mommy2lilah, I am currently pumping and nursing. I would eventually like to pump exclusively. I do plan to continue nursing and pumping until I go back to work, but because my schedule is so hectic I am worried that when I am on call, I may not be able to nurse at night. That would leave my hubby with just the milk that I am pumping. I am not opposed to pumping more frequently but I am curious as to when the pumping/nursing sessions will become more spaced out than every 2-3 hours/8 times a day and when will the amount of milk pumped increase to a larger volume per pumping session. When I am on call, and the main post of the original post, I am the only person there and may not be able to take a break. I do not have a problem taking breaks during my regular scheduled hours but if I were called in the middle of the night, then that would be a problem. I am on call for a week at a time every 5 weeks, but before I took maternity leave, they were talking about changing the schedule, which would benefit me. But either way I was trying to figure out what the longest time would be that I would be able to go between sessions whether nursing or pumping. Sorry to ramble....

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*samsmom106 View Post
    mommy2lilah, I am worried that when I am on call, I may not be able to nurse at night. That would leave my hubby with just the milk that I am pumping.
    If this happens, your husband can give your baby a bottle and you can pump when you get home to replace that bottle.
    Tracie

Mommy to