Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Pumping for Twins

Default Pumping for Twins

What is the best breast pump for twins? I was looking at the Medela pumps with double motors, but have no clue. Please help.

Default Re: Pumping for Twins

If you will be staying home with your babies, and needing to pump just the occasional bottle for a sitter, you can probably get away with a less expensive pump. Maybe an Ameda Purely Yours or something like it- it's a double electric pump but it's on the cheaper end of the spectrum.

If you're intending to return to working outside the home, and will need to pump several times a day, you probably want to spring for a really good double electric pump, something like the Medela Pump in Style.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommal View Post
    If you will be staying home with your babies, and needing to pump just the occasional bottle for a sitter, you can probably get away with a less expensive pump. Maybe an Ameda Purely Yours or something like it- it's a double electric pump but it's on the cheaper end of the spectrum.

If you're intending to return to working outside the home, and will need to pump several times a day, you probably want to spring for a really good double electric pump, something like the Medela Pump in Style.
    , except if you're working I would recommend the Medela Freestyle - it was totally worth the extra $35.
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

I love my Medela Pump In Style Advance.

Make sure to see if your insurance will pay for yours, or at least cover most of it.
    Kerri - Mama to 3 fabulous little dudes!

Luke 2/1/01 ~ Didn't attempt to BF
    Jack 2/11/06 ~ BF attempt unsuccessful
    Toby 7/13/09 ~ BFing since day one!