Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: What can I do?

Default What can I do?

I'm new here and having some supply issues. My twin boys were born on Aug. 17th and spent 5 weeks in the NICU. I've been exclusively pumping for them and up until last week had a great supply going. Now that they are older and awake more, along with my 4, almost 5 year olds demands, I veered off my pumping last week alot, but still doing it , instead of every 3 hours, it was between 4-6, and now, have a huge drop in it. My initial goal was to make it pumping till April and hopefully have enough stored to get the boys to their adjusted year old, next October. Now I am scared I won't be able to it with this supply drop. Not to mention I just discovered the lipase issue and have 800oz in the freezer that I'm not sure my boys will take, so far some they will, some they won't. I'm so dis heartened, is there anyway I can rebuild my supply at this point? Thanks for any help!!

Tara

Default Re: What can I do?

Can you start puumping more frequently again?

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

We have been nursing for over 2 years now!

Default Re: What can I do?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mammaof2 View Post
    Can you start puumping more frequently again?
    It's supply and demand, and especially if you imitate a growth spurt (pump extra-frequently) your body will ramp it up. And remember to keep pumping for 5 minutes after the milk stops flowing each time, to tell your body to make more!
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png