Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Feeling letdowns all of the sudden...

Default Feeling letdowns all of the sudden...

I have never really been able to feel anything whenever I have a letdown. I know this is normal for many moms. For the past couple of weeks, I feel them all the time! It's crazy. If I'm anywhere without him, I start leaking. It's even worse if I hear another baby crying when I am out and about.

Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this? I'm not concerned, but I'm just curious as to why I'm feeling them so strong all of the sudden.

Default Re: Feeling letdowns all of the sudden...

I remember that when my DS was around the same age as yours (or maybe a little older), I also had letdowns and leakage. I don't know why it started, but it only lasted a few weeks. I had to start wearing nursing pads again during that time, though.

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I feel like I have a newborn all over again with how much I have been leaking lately!

I have been paying more attention over the last few days and I have felt a constant tingling in my breasts. It isn't painful, but it does feel a bit uncomfortable. Could this possibly be the beginning signs of thrush? I just checked in C's mouth and I didn't see any white patches, but I'm kind of nervous because this has never happened before.

are you under alot of stress?

I took any breast pain as an excuse to slow down and rest.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*MommyToAC View Post
    Could this possibly be the beginning signs of thrush? I just checked in C's mouth and I didn't see any white patches, but I'm kind of nervous because this has never happened before.
    Holy smokes! Now that you mention it, DS and I both got thrush soon after all the new letdowns started. I guess because of the warm moist environment provided by the letdowns. Hey, maybe you could start taking grapefruit seed extract and head it off?