Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Purely Yours Pump Question

Default Purely Yours Pump Question

I have Ameda Purely Yours that I absolutely love and used for about 10 months with my first while I was working full time. Now I am home full-time but still want to pump occasionally for when I leave the new baby (5 months) with grandma while I get a break.

Problem is, my pump does not seem to be doing the job anymore. There is some suction, but not enough to get anything more than a few drops. I'm about to order the Ameda replacement parts kit but wanted to see if anyone else had had this problem with their pump and if the kit fixed it or if they ended up buying a new pump. I'd rather not waste the $20 on the replacement kit if I'm going to end up having to buy a brand new pump anyway.
    Married to DH in 2006

New mama to Logan 6/15

We are figuring this baby thing out day by day!

Default Re: Purely Yours Pump Question

Maybe the pump is just wearing out? If it was used daily for 10 months with your first there is a good chance you probably need a new pump. I personally use the Lansinoh double electric pump (same thing as Ameda) and it has lasted over a year but I have only used it a couple times a week at most. So I would think it's possible that the motor is worn out.
    ~ Theresa
    wife to Mike and mommy to Clara (9-5-08) 2 years and going strong!!

I had the same problem, and when I called Ameda to troubleshoot, they not only replaced the motor/base, they overnighted it to me--at no charge--no questions asked. It might be worth a call!

Awesome - that is perfect. I just called but they were closed for the day (I'm in Utah and I always forget about the time difference when calling companies!), but I will definitely try again tomorrow. Thanks so much for your responses!
    Married to DH in 2006

New mama to Logan 6/15

We are figuring this baby thing out day by day!