Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We made it! It's official!!

Default Re: We made it! It's official!!

Happy Birthday Emily (love that name by the way). And way to go momma, you are doing such a wonderful thing for your sweet little one!

Congrats and Happy Birthday to Emily!

Your post made me tear up! They do grow up fast but toddler-hood, through exhausting, is sooooo much fun!
    Kristie L.
    LLL Leader
    (the poster formerly known as fezzik812)
    Wife to Brett, Mommy to Seamus (5.1.05), and Emelie (1.18.08)
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world."- Ghandi

Kelly!!!
    WHy did it feel like you were signing my Bfing yearbook??? Why do I want to cry right now?? It almost felt like you were leaving!! Please tell me she still feels and looks like a baby!!!

Congratulations on this incredible milestone. We are so proud. And now as you walk thru the valley of "Extended Breastfeeding" come back and tell us of the road that lies ahead! I can't wait until she names your boobs and talks to them and starts nursing her dolls!!! The best is yet to come. Let the good times roll!

Happy Birthday Emily!

We love you.

Shelly & DJ

Congratulations, mama! You made me tear up...we're coming up on a year and I feel so many emotions about it. Good job being a great mom.
    Happy birthday baby Emily!

Thanks, ladies. I was supposed to stop crying at everything today... but you got the waterworks goin' again with your kindness.....

BFing yearbook, Shelly? I love it!
    Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...

Congratulations on making it to one year - how wonderful!

It is my DD's birthday today - she is 2 and we are still nursing!

Yay Kelly and Emily! I loved the post also. My DD just turned 1 recently also, and our BFing relationship gets sweeter all the time.
    You should be very proud!

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

Your thread made me tear up too! It's scary how fast they grow up. Happy Birthday Emily!!! Good job mama!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Ann
    We made it to one year!! I cried this morning as Emily and I rocked and I saw her sweet face in my arms, nursing, and gong back to sleep. I kissed her forehead and told her happy birthday. I thanked her for the very best year of my life, made sweeter by the private relationship that we share. She will always, always be my little girl but this morning was bittersweet to me.

1. What a big girl. I wasn't ready. All of those mamas that told me that the years go by so fast. I wished it woudln't really happen that way. That I could stop time and keep that baby smelling head snuggled up next to me forever. And then I see her fiercly independent little smile. She throws her head back and giggles, puts her arms around her dog. She's growing up. Up and in to a wonderful little person.

Thank you. To each and everyone of you wonderful women that has helped and encourage myself and so many others on these boards. My breastfeeding relationship with Emily has made the last year that much more special to us both.

Here's hoping we can keep on keeping on... we'll wean before she goes to college. Unless she stays in state... and really, North Carolina has a lot of great schools....

Thanks, again. Happy Birthday, Baby.
    OMG (as I wipe the tears away, aren't these hormones fun) that is too sweet, my dd b-day is right around the corner and you are so right, it went by way to fast. Happy Birthday!!!!

Congratulations!!! How wonderful!
    I love reading the messages in this forum. It keeps me motivated to keep
    going, pumping, breastfeeding in the middle of the night...

I really want to breastfeed for two years but people are telling me it's not possible because I work fulltime (40-50hours/week).

Has anyone worked fulltime and breastfed their child until 2 years of age?
    It makes me sad to think I may not be able to do it because I work.