Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: We made it! It's official!!

Default Re: We made it! It's official!!

Quote Originally Posted by J & L's Mama
    Congratulations!!! How wonderful!
    I love reading the messages in this forum. It keeps me motivated to keep
    going, pumping, breastfeeding in the middle of the night...

I really want to breastfeed for two years but people are telling me it's not possible because I work fulltime (40-50hours/week).

Has anyone worked fulltime and breastfed their child until 2 years of age?
    It makes me sad to think I may not be able to do it because I work.
    My sister is a single mom with 2 kids, that works full time and is pumping. She is still nursing her dd which is now 13 months old and plans on going for over the 2 year mark (her actual goal is 3 years). I so support her in her decision and her employers have no problem with her pumping while she is working. I say if you want to, go for it!!!! I think it would be possiable to do. Good Luck!!!!

Congratulations Kelly!!

Feel like it is time to chime and say thanks again ladies!! Lots of ladies here with lo's around the same age as Emily, birthdays popping up all over here soon!
    Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...

J & L's Mama- i have been back to work ft since dd was 14 weeks. my commute is long- 2 hours a day, too. dd is now 14 months and we are still going strong. i still pump twice a day for her. we've had a couple of bumps in the road over the past 4 months-i thought dd was self weaning. but i learned she was only telling me she was growing up and didn't need to feed so many times a day. so now we are down to morning, nap, and bedtime. i keep pumping her daily milk because i like knowing she has a little reminder of me during the day.

so don't get discouraged. YOU CAN bf 'til lo is 2 (or longer), even if you are working FT. it's not easy, but is definitely doable. and v. worth it. good luck.

congrats again, kelly ann. it goes even faster after they turn 1!

Quote Originally Posted by Maya's Mom
    it goes even faster after they turn 1!
    Aughghgh!! Don't tell me that!! That's it - I will be in the basement working on my time machine if y'all need me! If I can't stop it, can't I slow it down?
    Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...